VII. errors' secret date

"Miss Kennedy."

"Yes ma'am."

"Late again?"

"Yes ma'am."

"How many times has it been? Three?"

"Five, ma'am."

"Fiv— oh, Risa."

Casey and I made it to our first class, check. Casey got a smile from Mrs. Island and proceeded to his seat, check. I'm still by the door listening to a middle-aged woman lecture the crap out of me and not in my seat, to be checked.

I bit the inside of my cheeks as I flashed my teacher genuine pleading eyes. It might've been wrong on my part to not expose the incident earlier, but I'm sticking with being a forgiving person today. You know, once in a blue moon, you just have to not care and let things slide.

Like how this blue thing before me should let me skedaddle the fuck past her and stop blocking my lane. I've already handed over my tardy goods.

Mrs. Island drilled holes into my body as she eyed me in disappointment before shaking her head. She then caught the class watching the two of us converse like we were the most amusing show they've come across in years and her expression changed. "Detention after school, Risa. My class." Her firm tone and sudden declaration threw me off guard.

I raised my eyebrows.

I kid you not when I say the next thing I saw was a red spark of light from her eyes that reminded me of something you'd see from a horror movie. She looked absolutely terrifying, and I was absolutely giving into the look.

I admitted defeat and turned on my heels to get to my seat and start class. Cody, aware that I was coming to sit behind him, thrust out a note as I walked by. I glanced down and swooped the piece of paper into my palms out of everyone's sight and took my seat. Setting my backpack down and reaching with one hand to take out my stationaries, the other began unraveling the small sheet of paper.

It read:

Saw you sauntering in with the new kid. What's the new feat for today?

"New kid?" I scrunched up my face in confusion. Contemplating, I stole a glance to the far side of the classroom and spotted Casey across the room, head bent down doing his work diligently like how Risa Kennedy should be doing. But Risa Kennedy isn't in fact doing so because on top of being tardy Risa Kennedy also doesn't listen in class, hence she is infamously known for being a pain in the ass for teachers worldwide as well as being recognized as one of the top academic students in her country.

Doesn't mix well, I know.

I shook my head and softly planted my cheeks down on the wooden desk, sighing. I peered up at Cody's back and whispered, "Got any goods?"

Not even a few seconds later, Cody reached inside his backpack and produced out a bag of crackers. He sighed as he glanced to his left before bending down and tossing the bag underneath my desk. The snack flew into my territory and I caught it absentmindedly out of sight and brought it to my lap, opening the zipper to pop one cracker in my mouth, face still on the cold wood.

A grin appeared on my face as I finished one cracker and I instantly felt my stomach singing. Straightening up, I gently tapped my best guy friend's back and whispered, "I love you." I leaned to his left and looked at him earnestly, waiting for the boy to see me. Cody arched his head to the side and smirked as he caught me cheekily saving myself from starvation. Then he spoke in a hushed voice, "Crackers, in exchange for a story."