XV. thirteen pm

The two men ruffled their hairs effortlessly as the woman with them pulled down her hoodie. The unwelcome newcomers caused the entirety of the café to go dead silent with their presence alone.

Customers that had been seated next to the door scrambled towards the back in tight, staggered breaths as some of them tried to get the younger children to safety. The younger adults with one or two for company either never let their eyes stray away from the scene, or they were already on their feet, ready to dash further to the back. Men stood before women, parents before children, and I before the whole café.

There were cries for me to back down, cries for me to help them, and yet, there were also cries bashing me for believing I could handle the situation better than the police could. I let all the words pass through one ear and out the other.

The man in a hoodie at the register earlier managed to slip out of the café amidst the commotion of things. He, however, was the only one fortunate enough to escape.

The trio in front seemed equivalent to psychos almost. The atmosphere shifted into something more like a drunk movie scene. Without talking, without negotiating, without an explanation, I suddenly had three assaulters charging blindly in my direction.

My eyes caught a blade reflecting subtly as it protruded from one man's suit, his fingers patiently waiting to pull it out. I immediately went for him. The other two brushed past me and I heard terrified cries from everyone in the café. I could only hope Kenya could fight.

A blade made its way towards my neck but I slipped under, firmly grabbed the arm holding the knife with one hand while the other twisted the wrist back, and in one swift second, the knife's tip had turned on its user. With the handle facing me and the tip held against the man's neck without warning, I could hear his scruffy breathing when he realized I was a threat.

His lips started curling into a smile, however. I frowned slightly at its sight, only to guess that from behind, the woman that had come with him had the barrel of her gun aimed mere inches away from the back of my skull. The commotion startled the children and loud cries filled the tense air.

I suddenly heard bones breaking from behind, and then it was followed by prolonged silence. That was either Kenya knocking out the second man... or the other way around.

"She has a gun against your head," came Kenya's low, abrupt warning.

So she made it out alive.

"Aiming a gun at an innocent civilian without their knowledge could get you in serious trouble." I provoked, setting my jaw firmly as I applied more force on the twisted wrist I was grabbing, which earned a dangerous growl and rough, distorted breathing from the man before me.

I breathed out carefully just before I spotted someone inching closer to me over the man's shoulders and my eyebrows raised.

Someone had just arrived a bit late to the party.

The woman behind me spotted him however, and in a split second, she growled, 'catch,' and her gun was thrown over my head, to which the man caught with his free arm and then aimed at the shadow he sensed from behind him as his chest opened up to the side.

Immediately, Kenya slid forward and knocked the woman out as soon as the gun was out of her grasp. I heard another body fall limp by my feet not too long after.