Rude Awakenings

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from the show, or the show it's self. I just own my own characters.

Rude Awakenings is the title of this chapter and is a song by Dropkick Murphys. I do not own.

The Kaiba Twins Revised

Chapter Eight: Rude Awakenings

Katrina said goodbye to her co-workers and walked over to the limo where George was waiting for her. "How was work miss?" He asked as she reached him.

"It was good. I kind of liked it." She answered before climbing into the vehicle. When she got home she showered and got changed into jeans and a t-shirt to go out in. She didn't feel like blow drying her hair so she just pulled it back in a bun and exited her room. She knocked on Sahirah's door and entered. "Hey." She greeted her sibling.

"Hey, how was work?" Sahirah asked.

"It was good. How was your day?"

"It was okay. Seto decided that since we made him fill out to adopt the dog that I would learn how to do some of my duties as his new secretary at Kaiba Corp." The gray eyed teen replied.

"Well that sounds awesome." Katrina stated, rolling her eyes. "Where are we going today?"

"Otogi invited us to go over to the arcade." She answered. "Yugi, Marik, Ryou and Jou will be there. Anzu has dance class and Honda has work." She added.

"Well that's cool."

At Otogi's arcade the twins found everyone gathered around an arena. Yugi and Jou were just about to start a Duel. The two girls moved close to see what this game was all about.

"May the best man win, Yug!" Jou stated from his side of the ring.

Yami took over Yugi's body and stood confidently at his side of the arena, a strange push of energy hit his chest. He looked over at his friends on the side lines with confusion but a blinding light forced him to look back at the duel, Jou just summoned one of his monsters.

Ryou and Marik both felt the push in their chests as well. Marik tried to ignore it but looked at his friends from the corner of his eye before brushing it off. He just got out of the mess of the millennium items, there was no way he was going to get caught back up in it again.

Ryou on the other hand was fidgeting and hoping that Bakura, his darker half, hadn't noticed the power that suddenly appeared from nowhere, before fading away again.

Katrina and Sahirah ignored the tingling sensations they felt coursing through their bodies and watched the duel. However they made a mental note of where the feeling started at: Katrina wrist and Sahirah's ears.

Sahirah jumped up and cheered Jou's name, pumping a fist into the air. Otogi took a step back just to make sure he wasn't going to get socked in the face. Katrina laughed a little and smiled at Ryou, who smiled back.

Throughout the rest of the duel every time a monster was summoned to the field Sahirah's mind would get fuzzy and she would see a scene in her head of similar monsters being summoned from stone tablets in front of them were people dressed in old clothes and gold jewelry.

Jou hung his head in defeated before smiling at Yugi. "Nice game Yug!" He called to him.

Yugi smiled and nodded his head in agreement. "So what did you guys think?" he called out to the twins.

"Looks fun." Sahirah stated, and Katrina nodded her head in agreement.

"Why don't you guys go find something to play with? After all, I'm giving you free games to play." Otogi stated.

"Okay, then I challenge Jou to another race!" Sahirah smiled and grabbed Jou's arm and dragged him toward the arcade racing games.

"Want to play a first shooter game, Kat?" Ryou asked.

She looked at him for a moment and forced a smile. "Okay."

Jou and Sahirah played a few rounds of racing, both winning and loosing a few rounds. Jou joked that it was nice to finally not be losing all the time to his friend.

Yugi smiled apologetically and laughed nervously. "Sorry Jou."

When Otogi had to lock the arcade up everyone else started to head home. The twins decided to walk with everyone and call for a ride home. The teens walked down the darkened streets, laughing, and enjoying their time together.

"We need to hang out more like this. Even on school nights." Yugi stated after he got done laughing at one of Jou's jokes.

Sahirah and Katrina nodded their heads in agreement.

When the twins got home Sahirah turned to Katrina. "I had a lot of fun."

Katrina looked at her twin on the staircase. "Yes. So did I." She stated back and back to follow the slightly younger girl up the stairs.

To be continued...