009 | insomnia

M

monday morning marks coffee morning for minho. 

the baristas don't know who he is, and always treat him with care. it's such a relief, and a break from the norm. he finally gets to relax in a place relatively free from judgement. he is limited on hours of sleep constantly, leaving him exhausted. his body craves sleep, leaving his eyelids heavy and movements sluggish. his struggles to keep up with his thoughts, whirling around at a speed his tired mind can't fully process. 

he sees little black spots moving in the corners of his eyes when he is alone in his new home. he sees the spindly legs of spiders crawling up the walls into the corners of his room send chills up his spine, as he desperately pulls the covers up around his chin to hide from them.

he follows the faint scent of coffee, freshly baked bread and melted chocolate into 'pink spring', settling into the quietest seat towards the back of the shop. he indulges is desires with sugary treats and a coffee, which fuels a bit of life into him, bringing colour back into his cheeks. his eyes slip shut as he rests his chin on his hand. 

the tinkling of the bell at the door brings him back to consciousness, saving him from his thoughts that lay just beyond the darkness of his eyelids. it's surprising. this place is never popular in the mornings. he looks up and locks eyes with the stranger, who responds with a familiar crooked smile.

minho's eyes widen and he scrambles backwards out of shock.