025 | melodies

M

"forgiveness is a good step i guess." minho mumbles as he sits with jisung. said boy is plucking at chords on his guitar with deft fingers and a fantastical ear for music. 

"forgiveness is the first step, min." jisung replies, strumming a particular combination of notes that makes minho feel like jelly on the inside. they sit in comfortable silence, with minho lying down as closing his eyes. his imagination paints a scene of bliss and serenity, of a world where only they exist, and the pain no longer haunts them.

"i haven't seen you that angry before," jisung says, blowing his fringe out of his as he references their first meeting. minho feels mildly embarrassed at how shallow his thoughts were. weeks of talking through trauma have really changed his perspective. 

"i haven't felt that angry before." minho whispers, careful not to disturb jisung's song. it is beautiful, almost heart wrenching. he is so good at describing emotion through sound. no words necessary, just pure passion and interoperation. 

"why did you feel that mad?" jisung quizzes, descending through dramatic notes and chords as he listens. minho almost forgets to answer him.

"i felt betrayed. left behind. i didn't stop to consider how you might have felt on the other end of it." minho admits, and jisung looks at him with a sad expression.

"at least you know now." he whispers, and minho knows the path to healing is going to be long and hard.