017 | an understanding

M

jisung snaps his head around to glare directly at minho, gaze burning holes into him with how furious he is. minho cowers a little, backing down and immediately regretting his comment. 

"i'm not the same kid i used to be okay? so you can either give this up and never see me again or reconsider your approach. because i need your help." jisung says, so clearly attempting to say calm where he is boiling under the surface. minho bites back another aggravating remark in favour of silence. 

"this is fucking hard for me too." jisung says, looking sadly at the pile of drawings that minho has destroyed and sending a pang of guilt straight to minho's heart. minho doesn't know how much time passes, with him just staring at jisung and getting the same blank stare back, but eventually he finds the strength to talk again. 

"i'm sorry." he relents, and jisung's stiff posture finally relaxes, and he lets a small smile warm his face. a welcome change to the anger and bitterness from before.

"i want to help. because i also need help." he continues, and jisung nods, clearing his throat and pulling out a pen. 

"i am not ready to do this." he says, taking a step closer to minho, extending a hand to him.

"phone number? i will reach out when i'm more ready." he says croakily, and minho gingerly extends his hand for jisung to write on. he is anxious that jisung will disappear, not paying a second thought to what he leaves in his wake. 

"okay." he replies shakily, and they part ways with more guilt and regret than before.