048 | confession

J

"oh my god." jisung says as soon as his eyes adjust to the darkness of the room. he is in minho's room. in the middle of the night. in minho's bed. the boy opposite him sleeps angelically, soft eyes and warm cheeks, and jisung barely recognises him when he's so peaceful. on the other hand his whole body aches, and he can feel the sting of scratches on his body. 

winter has crept up on them, and the time jisung asked minho for has run out. 

did they really cross that line? he knows that there is no one else on his mind who could possibly fill the void minho does, but what will regret bring with it in the days to follow? anxious thoughts float around his mind until minho stirs from his sleep, gently reaching a hand out and cupping jisung's cheek tiredly. 

"good morning." he says simply, and its simplicity puts jisung at ease.

is this really the boy he's chosen? the one he's grown up with. god, it's been so long. he is so pretty, and jisung really just wants to hold him close and tell him it will all be okay.

"i love you." he blurts out, unable to help himself, and minho shoots him a lazy grin as he shuffles slightly closer. jisung can see the mottled skin of his neck at this angle. 

"i love you too." he replies, barely missing a beat.