JON SNOW (2)

———

SOMEWHERE BETWEEN sunlight and candlelight, an orange glow fell into the space, illuminating  a throne room that had never seen such glory

SOMEWHERE BETWEEN sunlight and candlelight, an orange glow fell into the space, illuminating  a throne room that had never seen such glory. The mottled Iron Throne sat ominously where the grand chairs of the Starks used to sit. Now they had been replaced with something much more noticeable. The one sitting on that throne, molded by fear and blood, was the bastard, Jon Snow. He stared down the bridge of his nose-- intimidating. At his feet sat a viciously pale wolf, much too large to be a house pet. That wasn't all. Something delirious, like a mirage film encased the scene, causing the owner of this sinful vision to roll uncomfortably in his bed. His hand, the vision of Jon Snow, held something trapped against his palm and the cold metal of the throne. The image took its time panning over, manifesting into a woman, sitting beside him. Her face in the same pinched regal elegance, her hand in his. Nothing about the detail of her beauty could be mistaken, it was someone very real.

Jon Snow shot up from his cot. The covers quickly melted from his body as he heaved, trying to collect his thoughts. It wasn't a particularly frightening dream. He pushed the curly hair from his eyes, looking to the space next to his bed. There was another cot laid out there, a foot or so away, a figure breathing calmly in it. When she was asleep you could tell that she was a woman. Here at the wall she had posed as a man, and had been lucky enough to accidentally expose her secret to her very understanding roommate, Jon Snow. She was beautiful, even dressed as a man Jon could see the sharpness of her feminine features. He couldn't shake the image of her from his dream, decked out in a dress fit for a queen, perched by his side as he conquered the kingdom.

Sworn to never love a woman again and here he was, a fool for a girl in hiding sharing a room with him. His fingers absentmindedly reached across the space between them, brushing a strand of hair from her face.
———
WORD COUNT

360