JAIME LANNISTER (1)

———

"NOT YOU again," Jaime murmured into the crisp morning air

"Miss me, Kingslayer?" You jested, lugging your sword up onto your armor clad shoulder as you made your way into the training arena.

"You're the only lady I've ever seen be so confident with a sword in her hand." He ignored your question, which only made your smirk grow. "Other than Brienne, of course."

"Wouldn't you say I have reason to be confident? Beating one Jaime Lannister in combat is quite a feat..." You stopped a few short feet in front of him, just in time to watch his eyes finish drinking in your whole figure.

"You didn't beat me with a sword though, did you? And you can't kiss every opponent in battle to throw them off their game. You won once, when you tricked me. Believe me, I won't let it happen again." His eyes lit with a fiery promise as he spoke. He wouldn't lose again. You lifted your chin to peer down at him challengingly.

"Who says I can't kiss every opponent?" His jaw set, and the sound of your sword whipping out to clash with his rang through the courtyard. Your eyes met, and you knew he could see the surprise on your face that he had swung at you without warning. But before you could think much more on it, you shoved him back and took another swing at him.

He blocked it easily. You leaned your weight into it a little more, pushing the blades back towards him. He pulled back abruptly, sending you lurching forward. He stepped to the side before you could crash into him. You fought to regain your balance, but by the time you were able to face him again, he was already ready with another blow. A blow that you barely stopped with your own blade. Then another, and another, and you were stumbling backwards as his barrage continued. Until he swung for your neck, and you leaned your sword to make contact with his blade, and fell to the ground. He took the opportunity to kick your blade to the side, rendering you defenseless.

"I do." He gazed down at you from the length of the sword he had pointed to your throat. Your brow quirked.

"What?" You leaned up onto your elbows, breathing shallowly. He sheathed his sword and offered you a hand. Gladly, you took it and he pulled you to your feet in much closer proximity than you had expected.

"I say you can't kiss every man in battle."

"Jealous?" Your eyes flickered to his lips. He leaned in.

"Definitely."
———
WORD COUNT
436