SANDOR CLEGANE (1)

———

"HAVE YOU ever been to the North, Sandor? It's beautiful

"HAVE YOU ever been to the North, Sandor? It's beautiful. I think you would like it there. You seem like much more of a Northerner to me than a Southerner. The Southerners are all fine and good, but the men are too political for my taste. Things are treated much simpler in the North. Here it's all about public image, and backstabbing. In the North things are straightforward. You strike me as a straightforward man. At least in the little time that I've known you, I've come to see you as straightforward, honest." Your eyes traveled his face as you took a moment to dissect him. You'd just watched him chug his mug of ale for the duration of your commentary, and he'd just set the cup back on the table. He rolled his lip between his teeth and studied you for a moment.

"You're a talker." You refused to break off the eye contact. To most he seemed intimidating, to you he was just a man. A man you'd recently come to call your friend.

"Well you aren't. Someone has to start the conversation." You glanced down at the table, and Sandor could feel the sandpaper burn of your embarrassment tainting your words. He stared at you another minute, but you didn't look back up to him as he had hoped.

"I didn't say you should stop," he grumbled. He set a hand on the table, dangerously close to yours that you were picking at in front of you. It made you peer up at him in surprise. "I like the sound of your voice. I like when you talk to me."

Your eyes fell back down to his hand on the table next to yours. You couldn't help but reach for it, gently letting the pads of your fingers touch its rough surface. When he didn't immediately jerk away as you had suspected he would, you allowed your whole hand to rest on it, your thumb wrapping around to almost hold it. Your eyes lifted back up to his. He was watching you, mouth slightly agape and eyes sparkling with a tenderness Sandor wasn't known for. It made your cheeks redden, and his jaw immediately lifted into a small smile as he stared at you, I daresay, lovingly.
———
WORD COUNT
380