him

wednesday 29th september, 00:19:
magnus:

i just heard the door rattle. he's leaving. i wonder what i should say to him? just a casual hello?
not enough time for wondering. i'm going to the door.

"hey! hey sir!"
he looks up. he slides his headphones off and mutters a slow 'hi.'
"hey buddy, are you okay?"
"yeah, why?"
"are you kidding me? ever since i moved here four months ago i've seen you every night walking past here at this time, and coming back at like, three. are you sure you're okay?"
the black haired blue eyed boy looks at me, and for a moment i can see the despairing screams in his eyes.
"you got me. i'm not okay. i'm really not. but i'm not going to bother a stranger."
"why do we have to be strangers? come on, come inside my flat! isn't it better to vent feelings to someone you don't know?"
the boy slides out his phone. as he turns his music off, i can see the album he's listening to.

"pray for the wicked? you're a panic! fan?"
i catch a glimpse of a smile, and he looks even more beautiful than i thought he was.
"yes, actually."
"well then! that's all i need to know; i too adore brendon massively. well i may need your name, if that's alright?"
"alec. alec lightwood. short for alexander."
"magnus bane. and i love your name, alec. it suits you."
could that be? did i just- catch him BLUSH?
"well thank you."
i bite my lip.
"so surely you're gonna come in now?"
alec sighs.
"if it makes you happy."