15 All Over

*Jinyoung POV*

I threw my bag into the boot of the car followed by BamBam's similar actions. He slammed the boot door shut and we trailed over to the opposite sides of my mum's car, hopping in and strapping up our seatbelts.
I leaned my head back against the head-rest. A long winded sigh escaping my lips as I turned to look at BamBam.

His eyes were solemn, red from crying a little more than he usually would and his eyelashes laced with old tears. I bit my lower lip, I wanted to help him, tell him that things would get better, but how should I know? I've never had a lover to sympathise with his warring heart, I've never fallen down stairs and broken almost every bone in my body to assure him Youngjae would be fine, and I've never lied or kept critical secrets to tell him Mark and Jackson knew what was best for us. Everything my friends did was new to me, and that's why I wanted to have BamBam join me in trying to understand.

"Jinyoung?" His quiet voice whispered.
"Mmm?"
"I was just, um, well I was just wondering if you were ready for tonight?"
"Hell, I wasn't ready when we agreed to do this in the first place, let alone the morning of the competition."
"Thank god someone has the same fear."
"Yeah."

I rubbed circles into his back and he simply smiled at me, thankful for having me around I guessed. His full lips straightened out into a straight line and he gagged. I sat up out of my seat. He choked again, as if ready to throw up.

"Mum! Stop the car!" I screeched.
She pulled over and slammed on the breaks, turning to face us. Her eyes immediately fell onto BamBam's paling face and jerky movements.
"What's happened? BamBam?"
I shook my head at her and returned my eyes to my friend, unbuckling my belt and sliding closer to him. His eyes were wide, like he had witnessed death, and he heaved ceaselessly. I cupped his face with my small hands, desperately searching his features for a sign.

"What's wrong?" I shuddered, noticing his face turn almost ghostly white.
"I-c-can't—-br-eath—," he coughed, clutching at his neck.
I pulled his hands away from his throat, not wanting him to suffocate himself further. "Hospital mum! Hospital!"
"Okay okay okay!" She gasped, turning back around swiftly and stepping on the pedal.

I cried, feeling my warm tears stream down my cheeks and the blood rush from my own face. This was not how things were supposed to be. Everything was screwed up, from school, to my friends, to Got7 in general! We couldn't perform tonight, it wasn't happening and I intended to cancel our act before my friends forced themselves into something they wouldn't recover from.

We rushed into the hospital Youngjae stayed in, the doctors and nurses immediately complying to BamBam's needs. They hurried him into a room where I couldn't enter, and I was left to sit and wait with my mother who fanned herself with her hand, calming down from the shock of the events.
"Mum?"
"Yeah?"
"Can I visit Youngjae? I haven't seen him in ages."
"Uhhh, how? I don't even know if you'd be allowed to on your own."
"With you?"
"I'll go and ask the receptionist."

With that she rose from her chair and walked over to the desk, her red trench coat swishing behind her knees. I couldn't hear the conversation but watched their mouths move and there heads nod. I plaited my fingers together in anticipation, desperate to see one friend and to know the other would be okay.
She strolled back over, a forced smile painted on her face. "They say you can, but I can't come, one person at a time and also..."
"What?" I frown.
"They say he may not be.....uhhh...all there?"
"Meaning?"
"There was a hiccup in the operation and he may have some mental issues."
"He's crazy?"
"Only a bit, like false memories, strange behaviour.....sudden mood changes and stuff."
"Oh god."
"They said that it was confidential and they were only releasing this to us because we are considered close to the family. So don't tell anyone. Promise."
"I promise."
"Kay, he's in room seventy four I think."
"Thanks mum."
"I'll wait here for BamBam, don't be too long, apparently he has a strict sleep schedule.
"See you soon."
"Bye."
With that she waved me off and I briskly waltzed our to the elevator and pressed the button for the correct floor.