v

third person's point of view

Dark was the night, but Dokyeom did not feel even the littlest bit of loneliness. City lights glowed in the distance, creating a breathtakingly beautiful scenery from outside his window. His room was dimly lit, as he had always liked, and the heater was on creating the warm and comforting atmosphere inside.

The unexpected meeting in the café was still fresh in his mind, as well as the wound it had left in his heart. A wound that would surely leave a permanent scar no amount of time could heal. But despite the pain it had caused, Dokyeom was happy. All the resentment and guilt he felt all throughout the years was replaced by a feeling of contentment and comfort. Jeonghan looked genuinely happy with Jihoon, and that was enough for Dokyeom to know that the former had already forgiven him. If he hadn't, then Dokyeom is ready to suffer for Jeonghan's forgiveness.

"Seokmin-ah! We're home!" Dokyeom heard Hoshi's voice from outside his room, followed by Seungkwan's high pitched giggle.

"Seokmin hyung?" Seungkwan knocked on the door, following a familiar pattern which Dokyeom had heard before. "Do you wanna build a snowman? Come on let's go and play!"

Dokyeom felt his headache coming back and before it got worse, he stood and open the door for Seungkwan and Hoshi. As soon as he opened the door, he was welcomed by Seungkwan's tight hug, which caught Dokyeom off guard.

"Elsa! Why did you shut us out?!" Seungkwan exclaimed dramatically, faking a cry whilst hugging Dokyeom.

Dokyeom on the other hand was still on state of shock. He hates to admit it but, this is the first time he ever received a hug for two years, and Dokyeom doesn't know what to do. Should he push Seungkwan away? But that would be rude, wouldn't it? Should he hug him back? But they aren't close. So Dokyeom chose to let Seungkwan hug him and remained standing still. He had no choice anyway.

"That's new," Hoshi commented while looking at Dokyeom suspiciously. "Normally, you would've pushed him then you'd slam the door."

Dokyeom just glanced at Hoshi who was still wearing that suspicious look on his face. He already thought of that too, but he's kind of confused right now. Seungkwan was still hugging him, but when he heard what Hoshi said, he quickly got off Dokyeom and stared at the older with curiosity etched on his face.

Dokyeom flinched when Hoshi suddenly cupped his face and leaned. The latter had this serious face while staring deeply into his eyes, but when their faces were just about an inch from touching, Hoshi suddenly grinned teasingly and pecked Dokyeom's nose, which caused Dokyeom to step back with his eyes widely opened.

"Is it bad that I kinda ship the both of you?" Seungkwan said, obviously trying to stop himself from squealing.

"Yes," Dokyeom whispered and turned his back on the two. "As if I'll fall for that eyeless prick," he mumbled to himself.

The bed suddenly felt inviting so Dokyeom decided to take a nap before rewriting his assignment in Psychology. It was yet to be revised, since there might be some errors when he wrote it at the café. He knew there would be errors since he wasn't in the right state of mind at that time, due to Jeonghan and Jihoon's sudden appearance.

Thinking back to what happened in the café, he kind of regretted not taking the opportunity to talk to his older brother. But as Jeonghan said, they were supposed to be somewhere else at that time, and Dokyeom should be at least grateful that despite their schedule, Jeonghan still made time to catch up with him.

Tho it still hurt him, thinking that he was once Jeonghan's priority but now, he's just a phase in the older's life that he has moved on with.

"What is your biggest regret in your life?" Seungkwan asked, which maybe was about their assignment (they're classmates since they have the same course) in Philosophy, which he had already answered a while ago. And Seungkwan maybe was asking Hoshi, so Dokyeom did not bother to spare him a glance.

When no one responded, Seungkwan continued. "The biggest regret I had in my life was when I let go of my reality in order to pursue my dreams."

Dokyeom furrowed his brows due to the familiarity of the line, but because it wasn't his business, he decides to ignore it and let himself fall into a deep slumber.

"I regret not minding what was before my eyes, instead, I strove to see what was beyond," Seungkwan continued, in a voice of a preacher. Hoshi even chuckled at that. "I aimed for a gradient for my masterpiece wherein fact, it already had a colour: a colour which I chose to ignore. I aimed for more poetic words to fill my paper, and deleted the common words that were previously written on it. I regret not reading those phrases, which were formed using common words, but were made for me to understand. I regret not appreciating the colour my artist had painted for me, which perfectly described what I felt when that colour faded away: the colour blue."

That's sad, Dokyeom thought. Each word pierced through his heart, if he has one. But he couldn't get this feeling of familiarity as he listened to Seungkwan's preach. It was oddly familiar, like he had heard or read it before. Maybe, Seungkwan's situation just felt almost the same as his, thus making those words seem familiar to his ears.

Seungkwan continued though. "I regret not living in my reality when I had the chance and chose to live in the fantasy world I had made for myself. I regret letting go of what made me feel real, only to satisfy my greed. I regret letting go of my angel, my artist, my La Bella Dama, mi amore, who stood on the line between my reality and fantasy to wake me up from my deep slumber and from my unobtainable dream. My Yoon Jeonghan, who made me realise that nothing is more painful than being slapped by the reality. My Yoon Jeonghan, who flew with me towards my dreams, but was left hanging. My Yoon Jeonghan, who was my reality, whom I regret not holding on to."

Dokyeom chuckled. That was the same as his regrets! Even the name of the person was the same. Yoon Jeonghan, who was his reality.

Yoon Jeonghan.

"Yoon Jeonghan?" Dokyeom quickly got up from his bed, only to see Seungkwan and Hoshi's smug faces. Dokyeom's eyes directed at Seungkwan, who was holding a familiar piece of paper with a familiar handwriting on it. "No way."

Hoshi grinned. "A major fact, revealed. Welcome to Lee Seokmin's life."