viii

third person's point of view

"Oh ladies! This is your story," Seungkwan's beautiful voice boomed all over the quiet dormitory room, startling the two boys who were sleeping soundly. "Ije wake up! Wake up! We-Wake up!"

Dokyeom sat up groggily mumbling a lot of incoherent words, then glaring at Seungkwan after. Hoshi, on the other side, went back on sleeping, this time, with the pillow covering his ears. No one knew when Seungkwan will stop singing, as the younger just kept on singing Queen by Son Dam Bi wholeheartedly, wanting to wake his two roommates up. Seungkwan did not seem to be bothered by Dokyeom's glare, he even stuck his tongue out at Dokyeom, which earned him a more intense glare from the older.

Dokyeom got up from his bed and went to the sockets to check his phone, before glancing at the wall clock just hanging on top of the doorway. As soon as he sees the time, Dokyeom quickly grabbed a piece of crumpled paper and threw it at Seungkwan, who seemed shocked and amused at the action of the older.

"You--" Dokyeom inhaled, not wanting to burst out in anger. "It's just four in the morning. Our classes starts at nine."

"I know!" Seungkwan said as he jumped up and down on Hoshi's bed. "But there's an orientation and also a welcoming party for the freshmen and the transferees today and I'm really really excited! Can you feel my excitement, Dokyeom hyung?!"

"Please lower your voice," Dokyeom sighed in exhaustion. Talking to a person as enthusiastic as Seungkwan is really tiring, especially if the person talking is not as enthusiastic as the person talked to.

The temperature inside was a bit colder than it usually is, maybe because it's still dawn and the sun isn't up yet. Dokyeom walked towards the window and looked outside, looking if there are visible stars at this time of the day, and indeed there are. The stars shone brightly in the clear sky, and the rest of the day would surely be sunny and warm-- Dokyeom's favourite weather. A perfect weather to run outside the vicinity.

"Where are you going?" Hoshi asked, clearly looking like he has just woken up. "It's just four."

"Jogging," Dokyeom simply answered as he tied his shoelaces. He grabbed his earphones after and glanced at his two roommates who were watching his every movement. "You wanna come?"

"Yes!" Seungkwan and Hoshi quickly got up and dressed themselves, but unlike Dokyeom, the two did not bring their phones nor their earphones.

Dokyeom raised an eyebrow at them. "Aren't you bringing your earphones?"

"Iie," Hoshi answered. Based on Dokyeom's Japanese skills, that's the Japanese of 'no'. "We could just talk to each other while jogging! That would be less boring."

"No thanks," Dokyeom headed towards the door while plugging in his earphones, before playing his favourite playlist in his phone, which were composed of ballad songs from various artists.

Just like what Dokyeom thought, the weather outside was perfect. It was chilly, yet very relaxing. It has been so long since he went out of the university grounds and maybe, he should thank Seungkwan for waking him up this early. At least he had time to appreciate the beauty of nature outside.

When he reached the sidewalks, Dokyeom started running, following the beat of the song he was listening to. He hummed silently as he roamed his eyes all over the area, looking if there had been changes and indeed there were. The stores which were previously small were renovated and now are full of customers despite the time. The trees near the sidewalks grew taller, while some were trimmed. Autumn is coming so surely, these trees would soon be naked with the season.

Dokyeom ran farther. It was just thirty minutes past four and he still got a lot of time. There was a shop at the end of the street which caught his attention, so instead of running back to the dormitory, he fastened his pace and ran towards that store.