T w o

'Nobody gives a shit David.'

'Get with the program and stop giving a shit.'

He gripped the sink in the bathroom so tight that he thought it would crack.
A single tear slid down David's face as he procrastinated looking in the mirror.
A bottle of pills sat in front of him as he turned the water on all the way in the sink to drown out the sobs that were yet to come.

He didn't think that he'd be able to put up with this anymore. This 'go-happy councilor' act was slowly coming to an end.
Or maybe it was never there in the first place.

Maybe David had taken an extra pill every now and then, but what does one extra hurt?
That's what he told himself each time he took a pill, but this time, he didn't know if he should push it.

It was super early in the morning..
12:49 AM, to be exact.
David had made sure Gwen was asleep before he locked himself in the bathroom.

Tonight was different than the other nights.
David had never felt this broken before.
Everything just crashed down on him at once.

Who knew what skipping your medication for one day could do?

David obviously didn't.
And he was regretting every decision he made that day. David forgot to take his meds.
And this happened every time he did so.

But this time it was worse.
It felt like he was drowning and he couldn't swim in whatever was consuming him.
He was in the darkest part of his mind that was telling him to do things he didn't want to do.

There were voices describing every way David could end it all in that very moment.
But I was strange.
They didn't speak.
They only made loud noises.
But somehow, David knew exactly what they meant.
And he just wanted it all to stop.

He broke down silently and slumped down, leaning on the sink.
David's only motive for each passing day was the Campers and Gwen. He couldn't leave her all alone to deal with the Campers all by herself.
He'd feel bad if he just abruptly ended it all right now. But that just lead him to question things.
'Why would you feel bad if you killed yourself? It doesn't make sense, David. You need to do what you want to do for yourself at one point in life. You can let others control you anymore. You always let them control you. Think for yourself.
End it. Right here right now. It's not that hard. Just take the pill bottle, open it, then take half of the bottle.'
He was practically trying to talk himself into killing himself.
David's thoughts were toxic.
He wanted them to stop.
No.
He needed them to stop.
Just as he began to reach for the pill bottle he heard a knock on the door.
"D-David? You ok in there?" He heard Gwen's tired voice.
"Y-Ye...yeah Gwe-Gwen!" David sniffed and retracted his hand from the pill bottle, wiping his eyes.
Gwen was still half asleep, but she could tell David was lying.
"You sure?" Gwen asked again, growing worried. She heard David sniff, and could immediately tell he was crying.
"Uh yeah!" David squeaked and shoved the pill bottle into his pocket.
He rubbed his eyes and looked towards the door.

Surely one more day couldn't hurt.