T h r e e

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm focusing on a couple of other story's at the moment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So maybe Parents Day didn't go as planned.
There was a few, well, a lot of stuff that happened.
But the moment that David had found out that Max's parents truly didn't care, he and Gwen ditched. With Max. To the local Pizza Joint in town.
Not a single word was spoke on the way to the Pizza Joint until the end.

"Where the fuck are you two taking me?" Max asked, hitting his head against the back window.
David continued to just look ahead, leaving Gwen to answer for him.
David's grip on the steering wheel was super tight and his knuckles were white. He was in a deep train of thought, going over every possible  scenario in his head as to why Max's parents didn't show up.
But this was an eye opener to David. He knew some shit was up as soon as Max's parents didn't show up.
He immediately thought about the boy having shitty parents. David knew exactly what it was like having shitty parents, and it hurt him knowing that one of his campers can be dealing with what he dealt with for 6 years.
Nobody should have to live with parents like he did.
Gwen looked over worriedly at David and rested her hand on his shoulder, trying to be comforting.
"A-are you mad?" Max suddenly asked, slowly and quietly.
"No Max." David quickly said, snapping out of it. "Not at all. You did nothing wrong."
His shoulders slumped and his grip loosened on the steering wheel.
David pulled up to a gas station, parking the car at a gas pump. "I gotta get gas real quick." David mumbled, exiting the car.
As soon as the car door shut, Max spoke up. "What the fuck is his deal?" Max leaned forward. David was never like this. He was pretty sold on the idea that he did something wrong, and that David was mad.
"Max, please, you need to stop with the comments. This isn't any easier on David than it is on you." Gwen actually sounded genuine for a change as she leaned her head onto her hands.
Max fell silent and slumped back into the seat. "Was..." he spoke quietly, choosing his words carefully. "He in the same situation as me..?"
Gwen visibly tensed up, giving Max his answers.

And when David got back in the car, nobody said a thing the whole way to the pizza place.