Hyungwon's POV

Quickly I unlocked the door of my apartment, we had been in the cold for to long. first, I led Kihyun inside and I followed directly after.

"are you cold?'' I asked kihyun as he hung up my coat, he shook his head but it didn't seem believable. then a smile appeared on my lips, ''coffee or a hot chocolate?'' I asked as his eyes turned to mine. ''coffee'' he said smiling, that was the first time I saw him smile.

my heart warmed up as I saw him smile, it formed the cutest expression on his face. his smile squeezed his eyes slightly and his cheeks became rounded.

i looked away and smiled as well, he had the kind of smile that would let others smile.

as we left the hallway we went to the living room / kitchen. ''sit down'' I said to him as I pointed to a couch next to a big window that covered the entire wall.

———

third person POV

before kihyun sat down he walked over to the window first. he looked outside and enjoyed the view of the city at night, of course including the small dazzling snowflakes that fell on roofs of cafes, houses and much more kinds of buildings.

Hyungwon quickly prepaired the coffee for kihyun and made a hot chocolate for himself.
As he was finally done preparing the drinks he sat down on the couch and looked at Kihyun who was facing the window.

The poor boy must have had it rough, Hyungwon thought. "Kihyun?" Hyungwon said bringing the pink haired boy down to earth again. Kihyun turned around and looked at the coffee table where his drink stood, he then looked at Hyungwon and thanked him with a simple bow.

Still tensed up the boy sat down uncomfortably far from Hyungwon, the taller male accepted it. "I know you don't believe me but I won't hurt you" Hyungwon said as he looked at the boy who just grabbed his coffee.
The boy nodded and took a sip, he flinched as the hot liquid touched his tongue.

"Careful" Hyungwon said a bit chuckling, then he suddenly remembered their first encounter at the cafe just a hour ago. "Hey you don't have to answer, but can I ask you something?" Hyungwon asked the male.

Kihyun nodded slightly avoiding the gaze of the younger one. "How did you get that money you used for the coffee?" Hyungwon asked now also grabbing his drink, With his eyes still fixated on the smaller male and focused on his every-move, he sighed deeply as he knew he wouldn't get a answer.

"I stole it...." the older said almost whispering and ashamed. Hyungwon looked surprised at the older one who was carefully drinking his coffee. Hyungwon wasn't surprised because he stole the money ,but because he answered the question.

"Don't worry about it ,I won't tell anybody" Hyungwon replied as he now felt the eyes of the boy on him. He turned his head to him to meet his eyes but just then the boy turned away again.

Hyungwon sighed as he got up and walked over to the kitchen. He placed his mug on a counter and stared at Kihyun. "I'll sleep on the couch, you can sleep on the bed" he said as he walked back to him.

"I don't get you..." Kihyun responded suddenly.
Hyungwon sighed once again, he didn't understand Kihyuns mood swings. One minute he would be extremely tense and the other he would bite back as hard as he could, couldn't he accept that Hyungwon was just being nice? He only saw him smile once so far!

"You don't have to get me...also you can show you're ears and tail without being ashamed, I know it tires you" Hyungwon said as he sat down next to the boy.

Kihyun looked at Hyungwon in disbelief, but what was there to lose he thought. "I'll use the restroom" Kihyun said as he got up. Hyungwon pointed at a door which Kihyun took as a sign that that was the restroom.

He closed the door behind him and Hyungwon took out his phone.

"News"  'rare cat hybrid ( $1.000.000 ) walked away from his owner! If you see this hybrid call this number XXXXXXX ( number of the owner )'

Nobody actually cared for these messages anymore, including police. It was probably some rich salesman who paid the newspaper writers to put this in.

Hyungwon closed his phone as he waited for Kihyun to come out of the bathroom. And not long after he did.

Hyungwon turned his head as he looked at the boy, his jaw dropped as he saw his animal features. It was a cat, a cat with fluffy pink ears and a slim and long tail.

"Don't stare at me like that" Kihyun said tugging on the sleeve of his sweater.
Hyungwon couldn't process the fact that he just had 'the' cat hybrid in his house. "K-Kihyun" Hyungwon managed to get out.

Kihyun nodded a little annoyed, he probably wanted to sleep Hyungwon thought.
"Tell me about your former owner" Hyungwon spoke as he looked at the boy who tensed up.

At first Kihyun hesitated a bit ,but he decided to tell Hyungwon anyway.
"H-he was rich...but didn't give me anything...uhm...he would only give me food in the morning and evening which left me hungry for the biggest part of the day and..." Kihyun stopped as he wiped away tears that were still stuck in his eyes.

"He used me for sex mostly..." he finished his sentence with. Hyungwon clenched his fist of anger. How could you treat someone so cute and precious so horrible?

Hyungwon got up and walked over to Kihyun ,as he stood in front of him he cupped his cheeks and turned his face towards his.

"Your owner is searching for you..." Kihyuns look changed to a more feared one, all that arrogance was gone from when they first met.
This was a very sensitive object to him and he never told anybody about it, mainly because he had nobody to talk to.

"Please hide me from him...I'll do anything!" Kihyun said a little louder and desperate.

"I'm not going to give you to him Kihyun, and you don't need to repay me"

1050 words