Opening Up

Clover's POV:

Over the past couple of weeks a lot of changes have happened in my life. I actually ended up getting a job, for one. My uncle got me a spot at the college library, and I was so grateful for his kindness. The good part is that I get to go in at eight and quit at one thirty, so I can go home and see Will. Oliver became my morning ride to work and Liv became my afternoon ride home. Everything felt perfect. Everything felt like I was actually going places in my life. I've been making more paintings as well. I started up a little online shop showcasing my art work and a YouTube channel for speed draws and speed paints. Oliver ended up buying Will a cellphone so he could keep in contact with us while we weren't home, and I made sure to text him anytime I could. I didn't want him to feel lonely. And deep down... I just wanted to make sure he was still there. Ever since I had that horrible nightmare I just have a fear of losing him. I have a fear that one day I'll come home from work and he won't be at the apartment. I know it might seem crazy, but that's how I feel. Not to mention that him and Oliver's friendship has turned a bit rocky. "Have a good afternoon, Clover." Karen, the head librarian said to me as I got ready to leave. "Thanks, you too." I replied with a smile. I was on my way out of the library when my uncle nearly ran into me. "Sorry, hey I was wondering if you'd come to my office for a few minutes. There's someone I'd like for you to meet." He said, which took me by surprise. 'Who could he want me to meet?' I wondered inside of my head. "Sure." I replied with a small smile. 'You have to get home to Will.' My subconscious said to me as I texted Liv. I told her I'd be a few minutes later, and she said it was fine. Victor asked me about my day as I walked towards his office with him. "Oh, my day went pretty well. I love working here at the library. It's way better than some fulfillment facility." I replied, and he laughed slightly. "Well, I'm really glad that you're enjoying your new job. And it means we get to spend a little more time together." He said, which was true. We actually had lunch together a couple of times this week already. When we reached his office, he opened the door and walked in with me trailing behind him. A tall man with short blond hair and blue eyes was standing in the room. He had that nature loving appearance to him, and I sort of figured he was some kind of science geek. Half of my uncle's friends are scientists or mathematical geniuses. It's actually really intimidating when you think about it. "Clover, I'd like you to meet Dr. Max Waters." He said, introducing us to each other. 'Max Waters. Is it the same Max Waters that Will told me about?!' I said inside of my head. 'Of course it is, Clover. How many Dr. Max Waters do you think is out there in the world?' My subconscious said to me. "Hi, it's nice to meet you. Your uncle has told me a lot of good things about you." Max said in a British accent, with a kind smile on his face. He held out a hand for me to shake, and I took it. "It's nice to meet you too." I replied with a small smile on my face, but it was more forced than I liked it to be. I was terrified of him finding out that Will was back. Especially since air knew what he did to Will back in twenty fourteen. 'Would he help his friend bring back his wife, or would he destroy him like he did last time?' I wondered in my head. But the last time he didn't know that he was destroying his best friend, he just thought he was destroying a machine. Victor brought us each a cold bottle of water, and we started talking to each other. We sat down and made small talk for a few minutes before my uncle brought up the little science experiment I had done a few weeks ago. I internally cringed and wished he hadn't brought that up, especially since scientists ask a bunch of questions; it's in their nature. "Really? What were you looking for?" Dr. Waters asked me curiously before he took a drink of water. "Honestly, I was just testing the quality of the water." I only half lied. In a way I was testing the quality of the water, but it wasn't based on the Ph scale. It had everything to do with the molecular make up of the water. If I had told them that they would have looked at me like I was crazy. They asked me more questions, and I had to lie a little more. I didn't wanna get them interested in what I had done or everything would fall apart. "Well, I hate to be rude, but I better get going. My ride is waiting on me." I said as I stood up. "Of course. Please give Liv my apologies for making her wait for so long." Victor said with a small smile on his face. "It was nice getting to know you. Perhaps we can talk more some other time?" Dr. Waters said as he took stood up. He held out his hand for me to shake one last time, and I took it. "Sure, I'd like that." I said, even though I wasn't being entirely truthful. But there was a part of me that wanted to get to know Dr. Waters, especially since he was friends with Will. We said our goodbyes and I headed out to Liv's car. "What took you so long?" She asked me curiously with concern in her eyes. "Sorry, my uncle wanted me to meet one of his scientist friends. Victor sends his sincere apologies" I replied as I buckled up. "Was his scientist friend hot? Is he single?" She asked, and I laughed slightly. "That's all you think about." I said with a smile on my face. "Hey, a girl has needs." She replied, and I laughed once again. We left the college parking lot when I felt my phone buzz.