Day Out

Clover's POV:

The week went by fast, but I didn't mind. Work was fun, especially since my co-workers threw me a little birthday party on Friday. Karen got me an Amazon gift card. I told her she didn't have to get me anything, but she said she wanted to. I drifted back to reality from the land of sleep to the sound of birds singing outside. "Happy birthday, sweetheart." Will's deep and gravelly morning voice said close to my ear. My insides melted, especially when he left soft kisses on my shoulder. I giggled as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and turned on my side so I could face him. A cute smile was on his face and a sparkle was in his chocolate brown eyes. "Thanks." I said as I gently kissed his neck and jawline, which made him chuckle. When I stopped, he brushed some of my hair out of my face and gently stroked my cheek with his thumb. He closed the short distance between us and kissed my lips. I kissed back and wondered what my friends had in store for me today. None of them mentioned anything, but I knew they had something planned. We slowly broke the kiss and we cuddled for a few minutes before we got out of bed. "Put on something you'd wear if you were going out somewhere." Will said as he ran a hand through his messy hair. "Oh, so we are going out somewhere today." I said with a smile on my face. At least I knew we were gonna go somewhere today, but it didn't really matter what we did as long as I got to be with the people I love. He smiled as he walked up to me and kissed my lips one last time before I went into the bathroom. I took a quick shower before I got ready for the day. After I looked through my closet, I finally decided on what to wear. I didn't wanna dress up too much; I just wanted to wear something comfortable. I chose a Nightmare Before Christmas t-shirt, a pair of ripped black jeans, a pair of orang converse, and a black and white striped jacket. It was pretty cool today, and I didn't wanna get sick. Once I was finished I walked out into the living room and turned on the tv. I could hear Oliver and Will in the kitchen, but I wanted to see what the weather was gonna be today. Apparently it was gonna be overcast all day, but that was fine with me. A few minutes went by, and I shut the tv off before walking into the kitchen. To my surprise they had the table set and the delicious smell of waffles, bacon, and coffee filled the air. My stomach growled with hunger, and I wondered if they had heard it. "Happy birthday, Clover!!" Oliver said as he walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around him and we held each other in a tight hug for a few seconds. "Thanks. And, thanks for making me breakfast you guys. It smells amazing!" I said, feeling grateful for having such amazing people in my life. "No problem. We wanted you to have a great breakfast on your birthday." Oliver said as he poured me a cup of coffee. I thanked him before we sat down and ate together. We talked and joked around for a while as we enjoyed the lovely food that they cooked. I offered to help them clean up after we finished eating, but they said no. "We don't want you working on your special day, sweetheart." Will said, and my heart melted. I sat there watching them clean. Will looked handsome in his black long sleeved t-shirt and faded blue jeans. Oliver looked smart and sleek in the black buttoned up shirt and black jeans he was wearing. Once they finished cleaning up we all went to brush our teeth before we got ready to head out. "Which car do you wanna take?" I asked curiously as Oliver locked up the apartment. "We can take mine since it has a little more room." He replied. We walked down the steps and piled into his car. As he pulled away from the curb he turned on the radio and plugged the aux cord into his phone. "I worked all last night to make this little playlist for you, Clover. I hope you like it." Oliver said with a smile on his face. I told him that I probably would since he knows every single band I like to listen to. We rocked out and sung to most of the songs that played. Before long we ended up downtown where we parked and got out of the vehicle. "We can go wherever you want, but I figured we start here since it gets really busy later in the day." Oliver said as we walked towards the many mom and pop shops that littered downtown Oakland. "Okay." I replied happily. I went to the record store that Oliver works at first, just to see if they had any new band t-shirts. Will ended up getting a couple of records, and I was happy that he found something he wanted. "It's your birthday and here I am buying myself stuff." Will said as we walked down the sidewalk. "It's fine. Don't think you can't get yourself something just because it's my birthday." I said with a small smile. He and I held hands the entire time, which made me even happier. Our hands fit perfectly like two puzzle pieces that are made for each other. After we looked around at all of the shops we wanted to see, it was lunch time and our bellies were starting to growl with hunger. They turned to me and asked where I'd like to eat for lunch, and I picked out a nice cafe nearby. We walked into the warmth of the cafe and picked a table near the back of the room. Once we sat down a barista walked up to us and asked what we'd like to drink. She was rather tall with fiery red hair and porcelain colored skin with steal gray eyes. Oliver ordered a strawberry green tea, Will ordered a black coffee, and I ordered a pumpkin spiced latte. "I'll be right back with your drinks." She said with a small smile. We looked at the menu as we waited on the barista to come back with our drinks. Will and I were holding hands underneath the table, which made me happy. It felt nice knowing that I have such a caring, sweet, and loving boyfriend. I just really hoped he understands how much I truly love him. The buzzing of my phone took me out of my thoughts, and I wondered who could be messaging me. I let go of Will's hand and grabbed my phone out of my pocket.