Chapter 5

Arnav's POV

After my fight with Khushi, I head to Di's room to check on her. I find her playing with Aarav, a big smile on her face, while Sheetal is on her phone talking to a client. I watch them for a few minutes, unnoticed, until my presence disturbs them.

Sheetal: Hi Arnav, how are you?

I don't know why, but I get bad vibes from her. I decide to ignore them.

Di notices me but ignores my presence, focusing back on Aarav. I walk towards her and see her smiling, but I can sense a hidden sadness.

Arnav - Sheetal can you and Aarav please leave this room. I have to talk to di.

Sheetal complies, and as soon as Aarav exits the room, Di starts crying.

- She is still wearing sindoor 

I sit beside her, feeling helpless and guilty. Her tears cut through me like a knife.

Me: Di, please... don't cry. I'm here. But I need your help...

Di(still crying) - what help?

Arnav: Di... (I tell her everything that happened between Khushi and I)... I feel guilty.

Di - You don't need to feel guilty, it was her who didn't show trust and it's her fault. everything is her fault, even my baby's death! but if you want to know the truth, then she should come and apologise. trust me, she soon will.

Arnav - Ok di, thank you but are you ok?

Di - now you have time for me? now you are asking me this question? Stop being a lovestruck puppy for her. I love you, chote, but our relationship is going bad, and it's because of your wife. you know I lost my child because of her, and you still married that girl. I can't tolerate her for a minute, and you are tolerating her for your whole life. how can you do this, chote? I know Shyamji might be bad, but this Khushi is worse. She killed my baby!! my Rajkumari! it's because of her! it's because of her!

 She killed my baby!! my Rajkumari! it's because of her! it's because of her!

- Ignore the bandaid

Her words are like daggers, each one piercing my heart. I try to hold back my own tears as I listen to her anguish. The guilt and confusion weigh heavily on me, and I don't know how to make any of this right.

He voice grows more hysterical, her eyes wild with a mix of rage and sorrow. She clutches my arm, her nails digging into my skin, almost as if she's trying to transfer her pain to me.

Di - You don't understand, chote! every time I see her, I see my baby's death. I see all the lies, all the deceit. how can you stand her? how can you even look at her without remembering what she did to us? she's a curse, chote! a curse on this family! you should have never married her. you should have thrown her out when you had the chance!

Suddenly, her cries come to a stop upon hearing a knock at the door, followed by a sweet voice.

Aarav - Anjali maa

Di (sniffing): Say that again.

Aarav: Anjali maa.

I stand astonished, observing how a little child who barely knows my Di can bring a smile to her face, while I, her brother who has known her my whole life, am the reason for her sorrow.

As I walk towards Sheetal, careful not to disturb their moment, she gestures for Aarav to hand a glass of water to Di. Just as I approach her, Sheetal grabs my arm and pulls me outside, urgency in her actions.

What will they talk about?

 Will Arnav change his view about Khushi?