Chapter 7

Arnav's POV continues

I descend the stairs to find Khushi in the kitchen, cooking while appearing dizzy. I attempt to approach her, but Di intercepts me.

Di - Choote, come play with Aarav. Mami, could you please ask Khushi to hurry up? Aarav's hungry.

As I move towards Aarav, I witness Mami approaching Khushi to relay Di's message, then returning to her place. Khushi's demeanour shifts noticeably when Mami approaches her. Doubt starts to creep in, echoing Sheetal's words in my mind. Is she right? Is Khushi not respecting my family's wishes?

I make a move towards Khushi, but Sheetal blocks my path.

Sheetal - Arnav, remember what I told you. Now, wait and watch. Whose faith will prove right—yours or Di's thoughts about Khushi?

Though I can't hear Sheetal's words clearly, her actions speak volumes. It seems she's asking for her tea. To my surprise, Khushi approaches Sheetal after she leaves, instructing her to make the tea herself.

I'm stunned. How can my perception be so wrong? Khushi was never like this before; she was always kind and never answered back to anyone. What has changed? Another shock hits me as I witness Khushi talking back to Di. How dare she? No one talks back to my Di. No one. I glance at Sheetal, who gives me a knowing look, as if to say, "I told you so."

Unable to bear the sense of defeat, I unleash my anger and insults upon her, disregarding who might be watching or listening

Unable to bear the sense of defeat, I unleash my anger and insults upon her, disregarding who might be watching or listening. As I yell at her, I notice her suddenly starting to faint, and Payal's cries for help fall on deaf ears. Convinced that she's merely putting on another act, I ignore Payal, certain that Khushi's lies have been exposed.

However, as I observe Payal's futile attempts to revive Khushi, it becomes apparent that she's not pretending. With a mixture of frustration and concern, I move closer to lift her up, only to be halted by Payal's interference and her accusations against my love for Khushi. How dare she? I love Khushi more than she could ever understand, yet she questions my feelings. My anger intensifies as she extends her accusations to my family members. She fails to appreciate the sacrifices they've made, allowing women from middle-class backgrounds like hers to become part of our family, instead choosing to be disrespectful.

Just as I'm about to unleash my fury upon Payal, Khushi awakens, relieving some of the tension. After much internal struggle, I resolve to follow through on my promise to Sheetal and kick Khushi out.

Arnav's POV ends

Khushi's POV

I begin to leave what I can no longer call my home, my heart heavy with anger towards Arnavji and regret for loving and trusting him. But before I can take another step, a voice rings out, commanding me to halt.

Voice (shouting) - Wait!!! Don't leave the house.

I freeze in place, stunned by the familiarity of the voice.

Whose voice is that?

What will happen to Kayal (Khushi and Payal) now?

Do you think that the reason for Arnav's behaviour is justified? Should he be forgiven?