Chapter Four: Reunited

Hannah's POV-
"Seriously? You're just going to randomly think that?" I ask, giving him a weird look. He nods at me and starts to say something else, but is cut off by the waitress putting my food down on the counter.
"Enjoy," she says dully, her eyes lingering on Luke. I groan and try to ignore the constant stare of Luke, which started to feel like a giant hole in the side of my head. I took a small bite of a french fry and rolled my eyes. Sighing, I swallow and look over at him. His eyes are full of curiosity as he stares at me, and starts to ask a question, but I stop him.
"Listen Luke. I'm sure you're a cool guy. You have looks that most girls would melt at, but I'm not any one you should ever be interested in. Waitress girl is more of your type, I mean she's practically drooling over you back behind the counter. So if you'll excuse me, I need to go." I hear the waitress scoff in surprise, and I can't help but smirk. I collect my trash from the counter and dump it in the bin, rushing slightly to get away from the stares. I open the door to the diner, the bells jiggling as the door swung shut.
I stuck my thumb out, swallowing my fear down. I knew that hitch hiking is dangerous in general, especially for a girl. The only defense I had was a small pocket knife, the blade only two inches long, and my fists. Not much, but I guess it was better than nothing.
After a few minutes, a truck pulled over. I grimaced, knowing that this kind of vehicle was the most promising for danger. I was however, extremely surprised when the driver stepped down from the truck and faced me.
"Hannah?" He croaked out. I stepped back in surprise, my hands shaking. "Is that really you?" His voice was quiet, almost not loud enough for me to hear over the speeding cars. I looked at the ground, thinking of something to say, when suddenly I'm wrapped in a pair of warm arms. "We're all worried about you. Why did you leave?" I stood in his arms without hugging back, until finally I felt my face wet with tears. "I missed you Hannah."
I finally buried my face in his chest and mumbled, "I missed you too Jerome."
Jerome's POV-
Seattle was my first place I was going to look for her. It was not very far from California after all, so it was pretty good logic if I do say so myself.
After driving several hours on the highway, I felt the guilt of leaving everyone and pausing activity on my channel seep in. I know it was selfish, but I need to find her. I still can't believe I let her go.
As I continue to drive down the road, my headlights illuminate a small figure on the side of the road, thumb out. I sigh and decide to pull over, figuring I might as well help a guy out.
I slide my truck over to the side and turn off the ignition, not bothering to look at the hitchhiker. I open my door and get out of the drivers seat.
I'm about to ask if the guy needs a ride, but then I make eye contact. I feel my knees go weak, and my hands are trembling.
It's Hannah.
It's really her.
"Hannah?" Is all I managed to say. Her eyes widened in surprise, and she took a step back. My heart crumbled and I asked "Is that really you?" I couldn't believe it.
She looked at the ground and slightly shook her head. That was all I needed. I ran forward and gave her a hug. She stood stiffly in my arms as I embraced her tightly.
"We we're all worried about you. Why did you leave?" I wanted to say, 'I was worried about you. Why did you leave me?' Instead I stayed silent.
"I missed you Hannah." I whispered into her ear. She looked up at me with her beautiful hazel eyes and smiled slightly. She buried her face in my chest and wrapped her arms around me.
"I missed you too Jerome," she murmured.
I sighed in relief. She was mine. I wouldn't let her slip through my fingers again like before.
-Flashback-
"Hannah are you okay?" She shook her head no, and patted the bed beside her so I could sit down.
"Becca she-" She stopped and took a breath, "Becca hates me." I frown and I feel taken aback by this. "What are you talking about Hannah? Becca is a very nice person."
Then, she tells me about what Becca said to her after she got off stage. I realize that when she's done telling the story, I don't believe her. "Are you jealous of her because she 's with Adam now? Is that why you made that up? There is no way that she would ever say something like that!" I feel my anger boiling, now, my voice was louder and sounded raging mad. "I can't believe you still like him after what he did to you! Don't you realize that other people care about you?!"
Her face is plastered with shock, but only for a second. Suddenly, her face changes to a broken but angry face. "Get out Jerome." She stands up and forces me to back up.
"Hannah listen I-" I start, but she stops me. "Just get out Jerome! If you don't believe me then fine!' Tears start to fall down her face as I feel my back hit the door.
"I can't believe you would lie about Becca Hannah. She's a nice-" she stops me again and says in a shaky voice.
"I just can't believe I ever loved you Jerome." Then, the door slams in my face.
-Flashback End-
"I'm so sorry Hannah. I'm so sorry." I whisper, tears in my eyes.
--------
Sorry guys I haven't been updating, I just have been having a lot of stuff to do. I've got summer homework, school starts in a week, I just got back from vacation, and I haven't seen my friends in five weeks. So as I said, lots of stuff to do.
I'm also trying to get into sync of writing two books. It's much harder than I thought, especially after writing one book for so long.
Sorry for the delay, once school starts up I'll be able to start putting out more updates! At least if high school doesn't load me up with homework.
Btw this face -> 😆 is for you guys to punch over anything that makes you pissed including me for slow updates. Go at it!
Ilysm guys!
- Melina XD