Chapter Seven: Pavement Panic

Hannah's POV-

He was so close, and I wanted to kiss him so badly.

'Just kiss him Hannah!'

'What about Adam?'

That made me stop.

If I kissed Jerome, then I'd be doing something bad to Adam. I would've betrayed him... wouldn't I?

I felt behind myself until I found something attached to the door.

The handle.

I pulled and almost collapsed onto the pavement below. I still landed on my butt however, which made me wince.

"Hannah?" I looked up to see Jerome's eyes, clouded in sorrow and lust. I looked away guiltily, not knowing how to respond. "You still love Adam? After all he's done?" His voice cracked in desperation, his eyes searching for an answer in mine.

My cheeks turned red in shame, knowing that it was true. I still liked Adam, even after he shattered my heart.

There was another part of me however, that loved Jerome.

I loved Jerome.

I liked Adam.

That's what made the difference in the end, when I stood up and put my lips on his.

Jerome's POV-

It was like being struck by lightning. Her lips touched mine, and put me in awe, my entire body froze at that time.

My hands suddenly realised what was going on and moved to her waist, pulling her closer to me.

She started to pull away due to my lack of movement, but I quickly kissed back before she completely moved back.

Lips moving in sinc, her hands going through my hair, I kissed like my life depended on it.

Suddenly, there was a scream.

We pulled away quickly, our hair bewilderedly messed up and our lips swollen.

There in the middle of the parking lot stood a girl, her face flushed in excitement.

She hurriedly rushed over to us, more specifically me, and squealed again.

"You guys. Are so. freaking. adorable!" She emphasises each word to make it sound even more dramatic.

"This is her huh Jerome? You must've been really determined to find her, it's only been two weeks since the vlog!"

I raised my eyebrows questioningly, drawing a blank at first. "And you are?" I ask inquisitively.

She giggles happily and holds out her hand. "I'm Carmel Joy, subscriber number one zero zero."

I flinch back in surprise at her friendly gesture. A fan? Out of all the moments a fan could have shown up and it had to have been now? God my luck is horrid.

"I'm Hannah."

I turn surprisedly to see Hannah returning her handshake, and giving her a shy smile.

Carmel's smile only falters for a second at my recoil, but then addresses Hannah instead.

"You're so beautiful! Jerome's lucky to have you," Carmel states quite proudly, causing Hannah to turn pink.

"Well I-" she stutters, trying to understand Carmel's high level of confidence.

I can't help but smile, she really is cute when she stutters.