Fort

Alex's P.O.V:

It was the first day in a long time that both Perrie and I had a day off work but here we were, sitting on the couch playing on our phones and doing absolutely nothing.

With our tight work schedules, we haven't had the chance to see each other properly for weeks but unfortunately, we're both seemingly too tired to go out and do something fun. Instead we've settled for cuddling next to each other, just enjoying ones company.

After a while, I feel Perrie grabbing onto my hand, stopping me from scrolling through my Instagram page.

"Whatcha doing babe?" she muttered into my ear as she nuzzled her head into my neck.

"Nothing really. Just browsing." i reply with a shrug.

I feel Perrie frown into my neck before she carefully takes my phone out of my hand and places it on the sofa beside her.

"I've got an idea!" she told me excitedly as her face suddenly lit up. "Let's build a fort!!"

I stared at her in disbelief. Is she joking?

"Uh.. what?" i ask, not sure if i heard her correctly.

"Yeah come on a fort! I'll grab all the spare blankets and cushions from the cupboard. We can use my bed as the base and build around it. It'll will be fun." Perrie cheers.

Before i have the opportunity to respond, she leapt up from the soft sofa and ran out of the door in her sock-covered feet.

I grab a hold of my phone before clicking onto the Instagram stories, quickly taking a picture of a black screen and posting it with the comment 'About to build a fort with @perrieedwards. This will be interesting.'

After couple of minutes, Perrie came running back through carrying all the spare blankets, sheet, quilts and pillows we had. "Come one." she grins before leaving the room once again.

I get up and follow her, stopping her by the stairs so i can carry some of the blankets, not wanting her trip since due to the amount she has, she is unable to see where she is walking.

"Oh wow... how big is this fort going to be?" I laughed, following her up the stairs and to her room. Perrie always did silly things like this that really surprised me. It only made me love her more. She was so goofy... but it was adorable.

"Are you ready then Alex?" she winked at me before she began to grab the sheets and place them around the bed.

I watched her for a while as she tries to figure the fort out before she dissapeared again, returning a second later with some pole that i am assuming she is going to place in the middle to hold the sheets up.

"Hey, are you gonna help me or just watch m-"

She stopped mid-sentence when I lightly hit her over the head with one of the many pillows she brought and began hysterically laughing.

"Oh. Now you're for it!" she lunged towards me grabbing me by the waist not letting me escape. She pulled me close to her body and grabbed the pillow out of my hands before she started smacking it on my chest while i continued to laugh at her cuteness.

"SToooOOooOOp!!" i wined after a while, struggling to breathe from laughing so much.

I could hear her laughing but she eventually stopped and climbed off of my legs.

"Can we finish this now, please?" she asked, giving me the famous puppy dog eyes.

"Sure." I smiled at her before i picked up the pole and helped her to set it up at the front of her bed so that if it collapsed during the night, it wouldn't be on top of us.

After about 20 minutes we had finally finished. The large sheet was draped over the top of our pretty large quilt fort. Cushions were lined up around the edge of the bed to make it look extremely comfortable.

Perrie had brought out some fairy lights she had in her wardrobe to put on the inside so we had some light. I quickly snapped a photo of our fort and posted it on my Instagram story before we both climbed in and got comfy on the bed.

Perrie put her arm around my waist and she rested her head on my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close to me before i place a kiss on the top of her head.

Moments later, we fall into a peaceful sleep, wrapped up in each others arms and i couldn't think of a more perfect way to end the night.