Chapter 1

I see my brothers walking up the street chatting away, looks like they spotted the truck and the family taking stuff out with a bunch of guys helping. I'm jealous of them, being able to go out without a second thought, but at the same time I don't really care that much. However instead of coming back to the house I see them walking to the new people there. And they start up a conversation with them. But being in the house I don't know what about.

When I see that they're heading back towards the house but with the new people following them. I panic and run to the stairs out of sight, but I can still observe them. I hear the door open and the voices of my brothers.

They go to sit on the couch and I see Jaime jump on to the recliner and turn on the television. That's when I hear a new voice it's the one in the skirt and with pretty eyes.

"Hey mind if I use the bathroom?"

"Not at all, its down those few steps and the first door on the left" I hear Mike say.

They get up and walk towards me. Oh no I can't move now, they're to find me here. Too late I've been spotted. I gasped and ran. However I found out that the one is actually a boy upon closer observation and hearing.

"Ahh" they shout.

Then I scurry away up the other way of our bilevel home.

"Who was that" he asks.

"Oh that's just Vic, don't worry he's just really shy" Jaime tells them. 

I just went to my room from there, as I was starting to get overwhelmed and anxious.

••••

|Kellin pov|

We had just got to our new house in California. I hate that mom made us move just as I was going to start senior year, but I can't help it. Mom said it was to get away, like I know moms still upset with dad over the divorce, after cheating and then getting busted for something and got sent to jail. But I'm gonna miss my friends there in Oregon and I don't know anyone here yet. We were barely here a few minutes and Awsten is already pranking me.

"Goddammit Awsten" I say after he blows a whistle from behind a door scaring the crap out of me, and making me drop the box I was carrying.

"Make yourself useful and carry some shit in here" I tell him. He sighs and walks out to the moving truck.

Like I know he's older but he sure as hell doesn't act like it. Awsten is 20, and going to be going to the community college that's a few towns over. While I'll be starting my new high school tomorrow so I was told. I like to consider myself gender fluid, my family mostly uses my birth male pronouns, but I don't care what you call me, honestly. I may feel more feminine and therefore I'll wear my girly clothes or I'll feel more masculine and wear my boy clothes but it all depends on the day. Awsten is very pastel punk, if that's a thing. He's pastel in a masculine way, and is also very much straight, unlike me, whose as straight as a circle.

We were taking everything in when I see three guys walking up to us. They all look to be related so I guess that they are. One is taller than the other two who seem to be about the same height. But one as spiked hair with a blond streak through one side and the other had his ears gauged, bigger than the other guy, and snake bites. The tall one has long dark hair and a medusa piercing. They're cute.

"Hey" the tallest one says.

"Hi?" I say cautiously.

"So you're our new neighbors, we live across the street there, I'm Mike, this is Tony and Jaime"

"I'm Kellin, and that's my stupid brother Awsten"

"Hey! I heard that" he shouts at me.

"You were supposed to" I yell back.

"Well you guys wanna come over, we could play video games and eat junk food" he offers.

"Oh I don't know—"

"Yes!" Awsten shouts.

"But Awst, we have to finish with the boxes" I tell him.

"Who cares Kels" Awsten says.

"Alright whatever let's go" I say.

"Awesome, this way" Mike says and we follow the boys across the street.

We get inside and Jaime puts the tv on and Tony's fussing around to put on their game console, Mike and Awsten are chatting. It's a nice house, it's similar layout to the one we just bought across the street.

"Hey mind if I use the bathroom?" I ask.

"Not at all, its down those few steps and the first door on the left" Mike tells me so I get up off the couch and head to where he said it was.

"Ahhh" I ran into some other boy, he looked petrified to see me, he gasped and ran up the other way. Only this boy has longer curly hair and was shorter than the other ones.

"Who was that?" I ask them.

"Oh that's Vic, don't worry he's just really shy" Jaime says.

I went to the bathroom and did what I had to do and went back to the couch next to Mike while I saw Awsten, Jaime and Tony playing some shooting game. I was just curious about the other boy, Vic, his name was, why did he look so scared and why did he run away and not join us, I wouldn't have minded.

"So Mike, guys how old are you?" I ask.

"Well, I'm 15 almost 16, in junior year, and they're 14 in freshman year" Mike says.

"And him?" I say pointing to the the stairs.

"Who Vic, he's 17 almost 18, he'd be a senior if he went to our school"

"Why doesn't he then?" I ask.

"Well it's a lot to explain and I'm not sure he'd want us telling anyone without his permission sorry, but he gets home schooled so" he says to me.

"Ok then"

"So how old are you two?" He asks me.

"Well I'm 17, and I start senior year tomorrow probably at the school you guys go too, and Awsten he's 20" I tell him.

It was a nice afternoon, with them look we've already made friends here. And there nice I guess for now. But mom did call us back to the house to help her take things out and have dinner. She's glad that we found people to talk to, but she needs our help right now. I didn't want to think too much. There's just a lot that's been going on and hopefully this will get us to a better place with a fresh start.