Chapter 3

|Kellin pov|

I walked up the stairs not really knowing where to go to find Vic. He's intriguing to me for some reason, I don't know what it is about him. Maybe it's to try and understand what's going on with him or something, the guys said he had agoraphobia, now I have no clue what that is, but I'll be looking it up later. However it wasn't until I heard muttering that I turn to see him sitting in a room which I assume is his, his behavior is somewhat odd, he's staring at a wall muttering to himself. I just knock to see what he'll do. His head whipped towards the door and freaked on me.

"Hey hey, I'm not gonna hurt you, I just wanna hang out" I say calmly.

"G-go away" he says.

"I'm not gonna hurt you I promise, I'm Kellin, I just moved in across the street from you, and I'm 17" I say to him. He doesn't say anything after that.

"Well I'll be down stairs with your brothers, but I'll be going home soon, but I just wanted us to have a proper meeting, sorry I scared you, I didn't mean too" I say to him and with that being said I left his room and walked back down stairs and I was then being looked at.

"Well..." Tony said.

"Nothing" I say.

"I told you" Mike says.

"Well I think I'll go home now, I'll see you guys tomorrow" I say walking out of the house and across the street to my house.

I see Awsten's car now in the driveway, so I know he's home now. I just walk in, I see him raiding the fridge, much like Tony, Mike and Jaime did, I greet my brother and go up to my new bedroom. I grab my laptop and lay on my bed to look up this thing that Vic has. I'm curious as to know what it is, and how I could potentially help. Cause Vic looks like he needs help, and a friend. But the hard part is going to get him to trust me enough to let me help him. But I'm willing to give it all I can.

I go up to my new bedroom and grab my laptop and lay on my bed. I search up agoraphobia. As I'm looking it up I see that it's a real thing that it's actually very common, and affects hundreds of thousands of people.

Agoraphobia: is a type of anxiety disorder in which you fear and avoid places or situations that might cause you to panic and make you feel trapped, helpless or embarrassed. You fear an actual or anticipated situation, such as using public transportation, being in open or enclosed spaces, standing in line, or being in a crowd.

Wow that's sounds horrible. I wonder how that happened? I don't think I'd be able to ask anytime soon or at all, I wonder what causes it? Here

Causes
Biology — including health conditions and genetics — temperament, environmental stress and learning experiences may all play a role in the development of agoraphobia.

Complications
Agoraphobia can greatly limit your life's activities. If your agoraphobia is severe, you may not even be able to leave your home. Without treatment, some people become housebound for years. You may not be able to visit with family and friends, go to school or work, run errands, or take part in other normal daily activities. You may become dependent on others for help.

Oh my god I feel so bad for him. This sounds hard, how can he live like that, it sounds lonely and sad. Now I'm reading how to treat it and help people with it.

Treatment
Agoraphobia is usually treated with a combination of medication and psychotherapy.
Treatment is effective for most people with agoraphobia, but it can be harder to treat if people do not get early help.

Medication
Healthcare professionals can prescribe either one or both of the following types of medication.
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are a type of antidepressant that can be prescribed to treat agoraphobia.
Other types of antidepressants can also be prescribed, but the adverse effects may be greater.
Anti-anxiety medications, also known as benzodiazepines, are sedatives that can relieve the symptoms of anxiety in the short term.
Benzodiazepines can be habit-forming.
The antidepressants may start on a higher dosage and slowly decrease when the treatment is ready to finish.
Starting and ending a course of antidepressants can sometimes lead to side effects that are similar to a panic attack, and caution is therefore advised.

Wow that's a lot of work and self care, but there's one problem, he's been like this for years, from what I was told. So I don't know how much that the therapy will do. But I guess it all has to do with if he's willing or not I guess. Wow what have I gotten myself into.

••••

|Vic pov|

Well I guess the good thing about what happened today, was I found out the name of the pretty eyed boy, Kellin was his name, but since he came up unexpectedly I started to have a panic attack. But he left me alone and went back to my brothers. I guess it was expected, I'm just the freak brother who never leaves the house. Who can't do anything without debilitating fear. I sigh and silently cry to myself.

It's all his fault this happened to me.