Chapter 4

It's been a couple days since I learned Kellin's name and I haven't seen him since. I talk with my brothers when they get home and they tell me about school, and how their day was and all that. What's weird is that I haven't even seen him leave his house across the street, I saw his brother go in and out a few times a day. I wonder what's going on over there? Oh well it's not any of my business anyway, and there's no way I'm asking so.

My brothers are currently down stairs playing video games, I don't know what, but I hear a bunch of shooting so I know that much. I believe that mama went out last time I looked out I saw her car was gone. I've been playing my guitar so I haven't been paying to much attention to the outside world. Mama thought that I'd be good to get me a hobby and into music, since it's one of the few I can do in the house without it being too messy, girly or expensive. So she bought me this guitar and I love it. It helps me keep my mind off stuff when I need too.

"Vic sweetie can you come down here please" I hear mama call for me.

I leave my room and walk down stairs. That's where I see that mama must have just got back from the supermarket. I head to the kitchen.

"Oh good you're here, you mind helping me unload these bags and get dinner started" she says.

"No problem mama" I say and do as she asks and I unload the bags.

Then once that's done, she thanks me and I go decide to watch Mike and Tony shoot each other. While Jaime is on his phone doing whatever. I'm gonna do something I've never done.

"Can I play?" I ask.

Mike kinda just stares and blinks a few times seeming shocked. Tony looks at me and raises his eyebrows.

"Sure" Tony says handing me a controller. Now I have no idea what I'm doing but it's worth a try, right?

I move my thumbs around and just shoot pretty much everything in my path.

"No Vic, what the hell are you doing! You weren't supposed to shoot me!" Tony shrieks at me for killing him.

"Sorry" I say weakly.

"Don't worry about it just don't do it again" he tells me and we restart the game.

I spend the next hour playing with them, until mama called us for dinner. We ate and I left to go up to my room again, they followed me but they all go to their rooms (Tony and Jaime share a room while Mike and I have our own and mama has one too). I kneel on the chair underneath the window in my room, to stare out my window to the house across the street, meaning Kellin's.

That's when I see him walking out of the door and walking down the block. I wonder where he's going? But I just watch him I lean my head on my hand and sigh.

"You like Kellin don't you" I hear out of nowhere. I whip around and see that it's Mike.

"W-what?" I say shocked.

"I saw you watching him, don't worry it's ok"

"I don't though" I lie.

"Vic I'm your brother I can tell with the way you watch him, I see it in your eyes" he tells me.

I just stare at the floor. I don't want to look at him right now. I can't believe that he's figured it out.

"Plus with the fact you're not looking at me tells me that I'm right, I've gotten good at reading your body language Vic" he says.

"Ok so what if I do, nothing will ever happen I'm to weird and I never leave so a relationship like that would never work out" I tell him.

"You're not weird Vic, you just have a problem, which can be worked on if you wanted it, but as for a relationship, who says it'd never work, anything could if there's effort put into it" he says. I roll my eyes at him.

"What are you doing in my room anyway did you want something?" I ask.

"Yeah, but I forgot what it was, so I'm going to go, if I remember I'll come back" he says and walks away.

I go back to looking out the window the way I was before. There's no way he'd like me even if it were true that I do, he's him and I'm me, he's gorgeous and he's I'm not. After a while speak of the devil, I see Kellin return to his home only with bags, I don't know what's in them or where their from, since I'm to far away to read the names on the bags. But I'm assuming it's clothes, but I could be wrong. I watch him go into the house and that was it for today. I decided to get ready for bed. I leave the door open, I tend to sleep walk once in a while.

After a long and sleepless night, having only a few hours then Jaime freaking out when he saw me leave the bathroom around 2am. I couldn't fall back to sleep, so I laid awake trying to but then then giving up and I watched Netflix. I'll try and take a nap at some point in the day if I get to tired.

So with my extra time I decided to make breakfast with whatever we have in the kitchen. So I made eggs and bacon. Everyone eats that so I know none will go to waste, especially with the way Mike and Jaime eat, which is like they've never seen food before.

"Awesome you made food, now I don't have to wait" Jaime said walking down the stairs.

"No wait for everyone else Jaime!" I tell him.

"Ugh, who knows how long that'll take" he complained.

"Fine whatever just don't eat it all, leave enough for the others" I say also grabbing a plate to fill it up with food. I don't take that much since I'm not really that hungry but I still take some.

Soon there's more footsteps descending down the stairs and I see mike and Tony soon after them is mama. They all grab some and thanked me after I told them I made it. There wasn't much conversation since everyone was eating. But mama did ask them what they were doing today. They all sorta looked at each other and shrugged. Mama is going to work, at her second job.

This is the one that she works weekends at to make extra money. Now I feel super guilty at that. Since I know that I should be out there doing that. She never says anything and I know it must suck that I'm like this. So she won't have to work so hard all the time, but the guys are also of age where they can get jobs too so it's not entirely my fault. Soon after breakfast mama left for work.

"I think we should go see what Kellin's up to? How does that sound?" Jaime suggests.

"Don't you guys have other friends?" I ask.

"Yeah but in case you haven't noticed none of us can drive yet, Vic" Mike tells me.

"Yeah, but you could if you wanted too" Tony mentions.

Great now I have guilt. I run upstairs and lock my door. And sit by the window. That's when I see the three of them walking across the street. Great now I'm alone, like always. I know I shouldn't be doing this but they don't care clearly. Since I'm only good when it comes to making them food or cleaning and stuff like that. I go under my bed and get my secret box. It got everything that I want to keep secret from my family. I take out the small sharp object and use it to my will.