Chapter 8

|Kellin pov|

I really didn't feel like going to school today. I felt like hanging out with Vic, even though I told him I wanna hang out he insisted that I go to school but I'm not gonna listen and hang out with him. I have something in mind that I think will help him out in the long run. I texted him that I'm coming over and he can't change my mind, he texted me back saying whatever and that he left the door unlocked for me. I hope everything goes like I hope it does.

|Vic pov|

After the text Kellin sent me I left the door unlocked for him so I wouldn't have to open it. It wasn't long after the text when there was a knock on the door and it opened and I saw Kellin walk in smiling.

"Uh while your there could you lock it" I ask.

"Sure" He says.

"So why no school?" I ask. As he's walking over to sit next to me.

"Because I'd rather be here to hang out with you" he says.

"That's not an excuse but I'll take it" I tell him.

"Good, so whatcha wanna do now?" He asks. I just shrug.

I decide to put the tv on and we sit here enjoying each other's company. I didn't know what to watch so I put on reruns of The Office. After like the third episode Kellin seems to be getting restless.

"Everything ok?" I ask him.

"Yeah..."

"No it's not, what?" I say.

"Ok fine, isn't this a little boring after a while?"

"I mean yeah, I could put something else on if you want?" I suggest.

"Not that Vic, I mean sitting in the house all the time, I don't wanna sound insensitive but it's gotta be annoying" He says.

"Yeah but I'm used to it and I can't go outside" I say sadly.

"Who said you can't, it's your mind saying you can't Vic, you can physically there's nothing wrong with you that way" he says.

"But... I can't" I say again.

"Why?" I ask.

"I can't tell you that" I say to him.

"Why can't you tell me?"

"Because I haven't even told my brothers or mama" I say.

"Really?"

"Yeah"

"Look, whatever it is that caused you to be like this, is over, nothing's going to hurt by going outside"

"But last time I did I got hurt" I say voice shaking.

"Oh, but wasn't that like six years ago?" He asks.

"So it could still happen again" I says defensively.

"No it won't" he says.

"How do you know that?"

"Because I'll be here with you" he says.

"What if that's no enough"

"It'll be enough Vic, trust me"

"What do you mean?"

"Let's just take baby steps into the backyard Vic"

"No, no way I can't" I say.

"Yes you can, I want to help"

"And you think forcing me is going to help?"

"Well your brothers told me therapy didn't so I'm guiding you into taking small steps to face your fears Vic, we don't have to go anywhere, even putting one foot outside is huge step, I'll be right next to you, nothing is going to happen to you Vic" he says.