ii. unity

一

"Hell is empty. And all the devils are here."
― William Shakespeare, The Tempest

Standing at the end of the hallway was a very-much upgraded Archibald Andrews. While three other boys stood around him, undoubtedly conversing about the supposed drugs that he must've been taking, it wasn't hard to notice a seeming glow that radiated around the boy.

My jaw dropped a little at his more muscular build and most definite height growth.

He wore a plain white long sleeve shirt that did nothing to hide his newly shaped form. The shirt tightened around his arms and chest as he seemed to be oblivious to the fresh attention in his favor.

Dare I say it, Archie Andrews got hot. Maybe some things changed for the better.

"What the hell?" Reggie muttered, pulling me out of my daze.

"That's new," I smirked, as he became a most welcome distraction from my whirlwind of thoughts.

Reggie turned to look at me, probably noticing the way I eyed Archie's built form. He scoffed, "I bet I can bench more than him."

I pulled my gaze away from the boy and turned to my friend with a raised brow. I shook my head at his immaturity. "How about we go ask?" I challenged.

Reggie scowled.

"You'll get wrinkles with that face," I poked his cheek. "Seriously, let's go talk to him," I dragged him in Archie's direction.

"I hate you."

"No, you don't."

"I take it back, I don't miss you, now can you go back to ignoring me?"

"Nope."

We continued bickering as we approached Archie at his locker and immediately I plastered on my well-rehearsed, award winning Stryder smile. Reggie also forced himself to wear his cocky Mantle smirk.