vi: risk

一

"Risk is part of the game."
― Victoria Aveyard, Cruel Crown

"It's game time at Chez Blossom's kiddies," Cheryl announced, bottle in hand.

I was definitely a little past tipsy at that point. All I could think about was starting a fight or kissing someone. Or both. I didn't even think about the fact that I was back in the Blossom house, playing games with Cheryl of all people.

My mind was a scattered mess.

"Let's start off with something simple. Spin the Bottle. Reggie, be a dear and get us started." Cheryl said with a wink as she placed the bottle in the middle of the table.

Sober me would've seen right through her obvious scheming.

Drunk me was enjoying this a little too much.

Reggie did nothing but cheer as the bottle spun but his cheers died down as the bottle landed on Lyla who was seated on the opposite couch with Richie on one side, his arm wrapped around her, and Veronica on the other.

Reggie's cheering died down and even I straightened up when we realised that he had to kiss the girl, our best friend, who our other best friend, Richie was in love with.

Amongst the group was my group and I, Cheryl and her minions, Betty, Veronica and Archie who was standing. All eyes were on Reggie as the tension grew. Richie's eyes were set firmly on the bottle as Lyla looked uncomfortable.

"We're waiting. Show us what Mantle the Magnificent is truly capable of." Cheryl said, a triumphant expression on her face.

Even in the drunken state I was in, despite it being a game I knew this would cause issues in Reggie and Richie's friendship.

Richie was in love with Lyla.

And although Lyla claimed she didn't, we all knew she was in love with him too.