Chapter 7

Chapter 7 :

T he next cuple of days went y in a blur. I grew to love Perri , and even her whacked out friends, It was odd at first but then it became almost normal seeing her and the class around the castle, humphrey had even taking a liking to one of the teachers.. i think her name was Petra or something. After everything had happened, things seemed to go back to normal, even Avery had started making more of an effort to speak his feelings , but only to Cenci and Perri, All i would do is give him an akward pat on the back and ask if he wanted some ale or maybe a cigarette, occasionaly he took it.

The day was a dark mass of sad clouds hanging in the sky, symbolizing a hard rain tonight, and already the kids had started to fill back into the castle after a days travel. There's not alot to do here but they went fishing and skinny dipping in the pond in the back of the castle... I wonder if anything bit them on the ass while they were in the water ?...

My train of thought was suddenly interruppted by the tug of my leather jacket. I looked down and smiled when i saw that it was the youngest of the house maids : Annie i smiled and lifted her up in my arms. "How's it going Kiddo ?" I asked, i think i forgott to mention something... Annie is deaf, but the kids greate at reading lips.. my lips anyway... oh god, man, that sounded pervy, ew. She signed back fine, saying how she liked the new guests that had arrived , esspecialy the one with the weird rings in his lips. Guess i got to go tell Avery he had an admireror. She then signed saying how Charles had missed me last week , on game night. "Yeah sorry about that. Was busy with Perri."

Whose perri ?, She signed slighly confused. "A friend of mine i met here on the tripp." She cocks her head to the side then a wide innocent smille spreads across her lips. Is Perri a girl ? , "Yep, told old humphrey i was a money mack." She giggles then signs : A monet what ?

"I don't realy know," I admitt. "I saw it on a video those kids were watching and picked up some words like : Fo shizel my nizzel, and wat it do ... Man , english sure did screw up ... Know wat i'm say'n ?" She giggled and hugged me close, got to go back to work but i want to meet your girlfriend later bye Josie , She signs, i nodd , ruffaling the kidds hair and place the small little blonde down, she gives one more smile before i leaned down and let her kiss me on the cheek. She did that the first time we met to make sure i was real... I turned and  headed up the stairs, but was stopped by that girl who was the seer. There ws a moment of silence before she spoke up. "Why are you here ?" "Cause i live here. What's it to you witch?", she gives me a long hard look before walking to where i am in the middle of the stairs. "Hurt her, and i'll send you to a place that makes hell look like a beach resort in heaven." she spat, "Spare me the threats. I'm older than every one of you in this house combined, you realy think i'm afraid of a high sprung witch ? Babby, hate to disappoint ya but im not." I say as she cuts her eyes at me. "And as for Pericles, i would never hurt her... You on the other i would, so don't tempt me witch." She gave a scoff of amusement before continuing down the stairs.

Now don't get me wronged im like the nicest dead guy you'll ever meet, but i'll be damned if i let some snot nose little american witch threaten me. I've faced drunk frat boy ghosts who were pride whipped and on a rare ghost pill call speed...Apperently it's in the human hands now, so i guess. I continued up the stairs, when i heard the music coming from Perri's room. It took me no time to get up the stairs and walk/jogg to the room, i mean honestly im a ghost i can just appear by the door for all i care, but humphrey needs them to stay so i wont go scaring every one... YET.

I peeked in thru the opening of the door only to find Perri dancing and singing along to a song coming from what she told me was a telaphone.. i still think she lied to me, i mean where's the cord and and the register ?...

"Lost in the stereo, lost in the stereo, lost in the sterio !!!" She sang moving her hips to the rythm, and pumping her fist in the air before hopping on the bed and singing another verse of the song. She grabbed the thin lamp shade pole beside the bed and began singing into it. She was realy into it. "I'm dancing alone, he's ready to go but i'm so lost in the stereo, lost in the stereo. I'm outta control, so beautiful, lost in the stereo, lost in the stereo !!!" She sang, revising the words of the song making them first person p.o.v. She hopped onto another bed (Probobly Cenci's ) and bent her back leg, rocking even harder to the lryics of the song all the while changing them. "And i've been waiting, for so long, but He'll never know, He's loosing hope cause i'm so lost in the stereo, lost in the stereo !!!" She sang dropping the lamp and dancing in a flurry of choreographed movements on the bed before hopping down and sliding on her knees like a rockstar ending a major concert in pure awesomeness(Another thing i learned curtusey of the ghost frat ). She wipped her hair out of her face and fist pumped the air.  Then suddenly i was grabbed by the arm and pulled around. "

"And what in praytell are you doing spying on one of m'my students ?" said the stuttering little man with a pout that i found hilarious. He looked like Mr.Noodle from sesame street ( Annie makes me watch it with her every now and then, to be able to look a eight year old girl in the face and say "No" You got to have guts.. i don't, aint that pitifull how i can face down the most powerful of witches but a small little unicorn loving kid scares me more than the oldest of poltergeights can ? ) "Well?" he persisted. I was about to answer when the man gave a yelp and backed away from me, i looked down and instantly swore under my breath. Not only was my arm missing but so was the lower half of me, i was about to explain when the guy pointed at me and passed out.

Greate... Just greate !!!