Chapter 1 - This is our summer.

The sun is shining in my face - I wake up. Today is finally the day. My sister Linda and me, we are going to spend our vacation in London. I hurry downstairs and sit down at the table, eating my breakfast. I really need to make it as short as possible, because it is already 8.15am. Our flight to London is about to start at 12.35pm. So we have to leave at 10 and I haven't finished packing, yet.

***

Oh I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Sophie. I am 16 years old and I live in Berlin, the capital of Germany. I have long brown hair and blue-grey eyes. I'm not that tall, only 5'2. My parents are divorced since I am 11 years old. I live with my mother and my younger sister Linda. I think, that's, first of all, the most important, you have to know about me. So now, where did I stop?

***

I run back upstairs, after I finished eating. It isn't that much, what I didn't pack, yet, but these things are definitely important. I search for my handbag, which I actually wanted to take along with me in the plane.

"Linda? Have you seen my black handbag? The one, with the rhinestones?", I yelled through the complete house, hoping for an answer.

She mumbled something like "it's under your bed". Well. Obviously, she knows my room better, than I do. But whatever. I grabbed it quickly and put the last things in it. Make-up? Check. Comb? Check. Sunglasses? Check. Picture of my mommy? Check. One Direction CD and book? Check. Purse with my flight ticket? Check. I check everything against a list that still has been missing. Finally, I have everything and I go downstairs with all my luggage.

***

"Flight LH3374 boards in 10 minutes."

Only 10 minutes left, I told myself. I decide to buy some food for the flight. Yes, I already ate for lunch, but I am still hungry, and so my sister is. We make our way over to a bakery and buy some pretzels and cake. Yes, we bought cake, because I love cake. Chocolate cake, strawberry cake, apple pie.. Any kind of cake.

"That's all?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Then it's 5,20€!" I gave the seller the money and went back to Linda. She isn't waiting for me. She has some other things, well, better to say, person, in her mind.

"Linda. Stop staring at this boy."

"But-,"

"Stop it. It's awkward!"

"You're awkward!", she mumbled under her breath. I just gave her a smile.

"You know, I only want the best for you."

Linda's P.O.V.

"Linda. Stop staring at this boy.", Sophie said to me. I wasn't staring at him. Okay, I was staring at him.

"But-"

"Stop it. It's awkward!", she interrupted me. She really dared interrupting me?

"You're awkward!", I finally replied her. It was nearly unhearable, but somehow, she heard it.

"You know, I only want the best for you." Yes. I know that. And that's, why I love her the most.

***

The flight only took about 2 hours. We talked about what we would do on the first day. We finally decided to make some sightseeing in London. The next day, we will go to a beach. But that isn't that important, yet. We get out of the plane and go to the baggage conveyor belt. My hair looked like a mess, but I don't care at all. I am a bit tired, but I can handle it.

"Linda I have your suitcase!"

Jackpot! I don't need to search my luggage, Sophie has already found it. She waved at me, I walk straight over to her.

"Thank you. I see, you already found your own luggage?"

"Yeah. So C'mon, let's go!"

We left the airport and quickly find in a taxi.

"Where can I take you, beautiful ladies?" The driver is pretty hot and not that old, yet. About 20, I think.

"66 Great Queen Street, please", Sophie said, while giving me a quizzical glance. I know, what she means.

***

Sophie's P.O.V.

"Wow.." That is everything, I could manage to say, when I entered my hotel room. We booked a room for each of us, because I couldn't share a bed with my sister. She would have kicked me out of it every night. I put my luggage down on the floor and decide doing that, what I always wanted to do.

"What the hell are you doing there, Sophie?!" Linda looked at me like I was insane.

"What does it look like? I'm testing my bed, while jumping on it! C'mon join me!" Her face lights up. She comes over and starts jumping with me. It is much fun, but we quickly stopped in exhaustion.

"We're in London.. Linda?", I asked as I look over to her.

"Yeah?"

"This is our summer!"

"Absolutely!"