The First Touch

"You have bewitched me body and soul and I love, I love, I love you." - Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen.

When we get back to my apartment it's 11:00. I look at the time and I don't care how late it is, as long as I'm with Leath.

He hops up on my counter and gets a glass from my cabinet. He then jumps down and fills it with water.

"Would you like some?" He says while filling the glass of water with ice.

I stare at his muscular frame. I watch his eyes concentrate on the ice.

Then I realize he is filling the already filled glass of water with ice.

"What?!?" He asks rather urgent.

I burst into a fit of laughter.

"WHAT?!?'"He booms. I kneel on the floor laughing. I eventually calm myself down to a decent state and take deep breaths.

"Aren't you suppose to to put the ice in first?" I say giggling.

He gives me an exasperated sigh.

"Sometimes I don't understand you, Nessie."

I look back at the clock and stand up, its 11:30.

"I've got to go get changed into my sleep wear if you don't mind," I say awkwardly. He gives me a boyish smirk and says to go.

I walk up to my room and pick out fluffy white short bottoms, that make me look slightly skinnier. I keep my tank top on, and brush my hair. I quickly side braid my hair and add mascara onto my eyelashes. I look in the mirror and scrunch my nose and make faces at myself. God,I'mstill a child. Then I remember that wonderful invention god made to put on your lips, lipgloss.

I race downstairs and find Leath reading my copy of Jayne Eyre on my sofa.

"Put that down!" I yell. As soon as he hears my voice he jumps off my sofa and yelps.

"You scared me!"He says out of breath with his hand on his heart. He began taking deep breaths to calm his nerves.

"That book is a collectors item! I don't even read it without gloves!" I say annoyed.

Leath stops breathing heavily and starts looking up and down my body. He smirks and arches his right eyebrow.

I cross my arms over my chest feeling bare and uncomfortable.

"What?" I say suddenly feeling insecure.

"You look....nice," He says slowly.

I uncross my arms and slightly smile.

"Thanks," I say genuinely. He lays back in my sofa and crosses his legs at the ankles on my coffee table.

"I feel honored you feel the need to wear lipgloss for me," He says smirking. I roll my eyes, annoyed.

"Please don't ruin the moment,"I say getting my own glass of water.

I turn my head to say something and slip on the tiles. I start to fall.

My body slams hard on the floor. I feel a surge of pain shoot up my elbow.

"Ahhh!" I scream.

Leash practically does a summersault over the sofa and runs to me.

He jumps to my side and grabs my hand and picks me up. I stare at our contact.

He smiles until he notices it too.

I instantly let go. I start to breath Heavy.

He smiles slightly and touches my hair and traces my lips and chin. Then he abruptly pulls me into a hug.

He pulls away and stares into my eyes. He then does something I never would have thought I would do in a million years.

He kisses me.
----------
Join my Facebook group! It's called: Kirsten Egbert's books