Tower

Hey guys! This is my first authors note, and I really do enjoy constructive critism! So just put some in the comments. This book will be a Novella. When this trilogy is over I will be rewriting it, just a btw! Good luck reading this, it's gonna be a heartbreaker! Love ya! Don't hate me....

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"If I ever lost my nervousness, I would be frightened half to death."- Paul Lynde

Today is the day of Leath's coronation, or some cliché title. I want to show Leath what I have found, but we're not exactly on speaking terms.

When I get up today I take my time, getting dressed, doing makeup and changing. I feel sick after eating and lay down for a few minutes. I breathe in and out. I try to distract myself from thinking about Leath.

During the ceremony or whatever, Leath has to except this beautiful, antique, gold ring. It has a ruby in the middle, and there are tiny emeralds in either side. He also needs to sign this big document. It takes forever.

I look at the time when I get up, and I should be going.

I try to calm my nerves as I drive to the building in which Leath will be living.

When I get there, it's packed. People are sitting in the streets and on top of their cars.

I decide to sit on top of my car to get a better look.

I crane my neck to see Twith standing on the balcony, smiling at everyone.

I try to see Leath, but he's nowhere in sight.

I guess he's inside.

Maybe I could talk to him!

I jump off my car and jog towards the building.

Once I get there, I see guards.

They eye me suspiciously. They know what I'm about to do.

"Hey guys! I'm a friend of Leath's, you wanna let me in?" I say smiling, trying my best to use my non existing charms.

They look at each other and laugh.

I narrow my eyes.

"Let me in this instant!"I demand

"We were ordered to not let an albino woman through these doors," One of the guards says seriously.

I'm honestly shocked, I don't think Leath hates me that much. I just want to talk to him!

"Who ordered you?"

"Twith."

I don't have enough time to be relived because I hear a commotion, and realize its Leath.

I speed walk to an area where a low number of people are standing. I blend into the crowd and beg to god Leath doesn't see me.

"Ladies and gentle men, we are all gathered here to see the wonderful and successful man, Leath become your new favorite supreme ruler.

Do you accept Leath?" Twith says smiling. We are all obviously supposed to say 'yes'.

"Yes." The crowd says in stereo.
Everyone cheers and claps. They are all excited.

Leath walks on stage looking very dapper. A surge of electricity sweeps and zooms in my stomach. My lips part and I feel sick.

"I'm glad all of you do, because I don't." Twith says suddenly. The crowds of people are confused, and so am I. What is she gonna do? Replace him? She chose him didn't she? Leath looks very nervous.

My questions were answered as she grabs Leath's shirt and pulls him over the balcony.

The entire crowd gasps.

I'm so shocked, I cannot even fathom how I am feeling.

Leath is now holding on to the balcony by his fingers.

A tear slips down my face, and everyone can hear Leath's screams.

Twith whispers something in his ear. She then peals his hands off the edge.

He goes plunging down, down, down.

His screams follow him as the community sits on the edge of their seats.

He keeps falling until he hits the ground dead, very dead.
----------
Join my Facebook group! It's called: Kirsten Egbert's books