ᴇᴀᴛ ᴜᴘ. (ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3)

(Varian's POV)
I sat on my bed once more, kicking my legs back and forth, watching as they were up, just to fall back down and go up again. Rudiger sat with me, on my close left.
It's been roughly five hours since Rapunzel came to see me.
I've been thinking about what she said about company. She said the person coming was my age, right? So, they were fourteen too? 
What else did she say? She...
Oh, right. Rapunzel said: '/she/ should be here tomorrow'. So, that means that the person coming is a girl.
I wonder what made Rapunzel think that we would get along? Well, she could just be saying that. I mean, I guess we'll have to wait and see...

At least the whole conversation took my mind off of the nightmare I had. That's one good thing about it. If she hadn't come, I would've probably dwelt on it for the rest of the day.
That's what I usually do whenever I have a dream here.

My train of thought was cut off by a guard walking through the door down the hallway, pushing a cart of food in my direction. I watched him get closer, and stop by the other two cells near me first, sliding their trays through the same narrow gap that all the cells have. Once he got to me, he did the same, muttering something under his breath, though, I couldn't make out the words. It's not like they matter, anyway.
I stood up from the bed, taking the tray and staring at it.

"You better eat today.", the same guard said.
So that's what he must have muttered.
He watched as I poked around on the tray with my fork, making a look of disgust before setting the fork down and returning to the bed, without a bite.
"You hear me?!", the guard yelled.
"...", I didn't respond.
He let out a loud groan, muttering once more, before turning to leave.
Rudiger glanced at me, a sad look on his face, but I ignored him, sighing, before leaning against the wall, shutting my eyes.
I was hungry, but my not eating was a sign of rebellion. As long as it made them mad, it'd do.

Now, I continued to think to myself about tomorrow's visitor.
It should be... interesting, to say the least.