ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ's ᴡɪᴛʜ ʙᴇɴᴇғɪᴛs. (ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6)

(Varian's POV)
After (y/n) left, I was uncuffed and a guard took the tray away, shutting and locking the door behind him. I felt for the piece of bread in my pocket, giving a sigh of relief to feel it there. Good. I can eat it later, after dark.

The rest of my day was left thinking about
(y/n). It's odd to approach a prisoner so casually, right? I mean, I'd assume. How was she able to do it like that? I mean, sure, she seemed nervous at first, but, it's like that justpoofed away once she got to me.
Strange girl.
Her personality almost reminded me of.. Rapunzel.
I don't like that about her.
This should make it easier to use her to escape from this trash heap. Having a connection with an outsider is a huge step to leaving.
Especially after I befriend herwell, really befriend her. As in, get closer with her until we've established a trust. That's when I can use it to my advantage.
Rapunzel's a fool for not expecting this.

Later that night, I laid in my bed, taking small, quiet bites from my portion of bread. Eating is a necessity, and I don't want to die of starvationnot before I've freed my father. Afterwards? Fine, whatever, I don't care anymore. I just need him freed. And I need to be the one to do it.
I'll stop at nothing to free him...
Nothing against (y/n), in fact, she seems like a nice girl; unless she's as much of a liar as Rapunzel. She just happens to be a step to freeing my father!
Hopefully she won't take it to heart. Maybe, if I'm lucky, she'll even be fine with it in the end! You never know, maybe she sees the truth to Rapunzel too. The more people that realize she's a liar, the better.
Though, regardless, I'll get my way, whether she likes it or not.
Having taken the last bite of bread, I squinted at the ceiling, then let out a sigh. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Rudiger, asleep next to me. My expression lightened, and I smiled briefly at him, before shutting my eyes to at least attempt a night of sleep.

—————————————————
Sorry for posting this so late, guys! I'm sorta going through evacuation procedures for the hurricane so I didn't have time to post earlier! Thank you for following the story so far and I really hope you guys are enjoying it! Feel free to leave feedback!
- Lily。〜