ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs. (ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11)

(Y/N's POV)
(Y'all asked for this chapter, so.. here it is, I guess!)
I am homeschooled by my sister! She's super incredible for being able to teach me and teach herself! I always enjoy learning about different things from her. Though, I don't really like math. Aha, I'm not very good at math.

I asked her if I could learn something about alchemy to maybe surprise Varian, but she said that she didn't know anything.

After we finished our lessons, I went out to go see a few of my friends. My best friends name's are Natalie and Ava. Natalie is a shy girl who usually stays at her house helping out. During her free time, she usually does arts and crafts. She's really good at them, actually!
And, Ava is.. well, pretty lazy. She usually just sits at home and sleeps. Whenever she is up and active, she's usually exploring around. She's extremely adventurous.

Today, all of us went to a local bakery to talk and eat muffins.
"Wow... feels like it's been forever, huh?", Ava asked.
"Mhm.", I said, nodding my head as Natalie did the same.
"What've you two been up to?"
"Well.. nothing much, really. Things have been pretty slow..", Natalie said.
"What about you, (y/n)?"
"Me? Ahaha, nothing much.〜"
"You're lying! What's happened?", Ava said.
"Well, I've been visiting the castle dungeon.."
"Again? Didn't you use to do that on holidays?", Ava asked.
I nodded.
"Whoa! What's the occasion, huh? What's up?", Ava leaned forward while speaking.
"Aha.. let her continue, Ava.", Natalie teased.
I giggled. "Well, I've been visiting a boy named Varian."
"Varian? Oh, I've heard of him! Didn't he kidnap the queen a little while ago?", Ava asked.
"Er-.. yeah, he did. How do you know?"
"Rumors. Everyone was talking about it not too long ago? A few people are still taking about it."
I turned to Natalie.
"Have you heard about it?", I asked.
She slowly nodded her head, looking away.
Was... I the only one that hadn't heard about it before Rapunzel told me? I guess I must be really out of it when it comes to news around here...
"That's odd. I only found out recently."
"Oh-? Huh, that's new. I wonder why you didn't hear about it before?"
"Yeah, me too.. I mean, I may not be the most social person, but I still get around."
"Y-..Yeah. Strange.", Natalie added.
I shrugged it off.
"Oh well. It's not too important, I guess.."
"Guess so.", Ava said, then quickly transitioned the conversation back to one of her crazy adventures.
I continued to listen, but I couldn't help but wonder why I was the only one that hadn't heard about Varian before.

It was just...
strange.