Alternate Ending #1

Content Warning, this is a tough chapter ahead. 

I follow Colton down the stairs to the basement. We pass the rows of cells holding a few dying rogues before stopping at a metal door. Beta Larson and Theo are waiting for us there and Colton drops my arm to talk to them. 

The men make no attempt to hide their conversations. but it doesn't matter. I have no interest in their words, so I tune them out and focus on the mouldy walls that surround us. 

"Skylar?" Colton calls me and I turn my head to look at him. "Come. It's time."

Nodding my head, I swallow and step towards him. He places his hand upon my back and leads me inside the room. Instantly, the smell of blood fills my nose and I have to hold back the bile that fills my throat. 

Keeping my head down, I ignore my urge to look around the room knowing that I will not want to see what's in here. 

Or rather who is in here. 

Colton steps away from me, his footsteps echoing around us before stopping. 

"Rise and shine, Dad." He says and my eyes pop up to find my father hanging from the wall by chains. His face is heavily bruised and swollen. His lip is busted and bloodied. His eyes are barely able to open, but he somehow manages to find me and I can feel how scared he is - for me. 

"It's time, Dad. I hope you are ready for this." I can hear the smirk behind Colton's words. I look back down at the floor, unable to see the pain my father feels. 

Suddenly, Colton is in front of me. He brings his hand to my chin and forces me to look up into his cold, blue eyes. He's dripping with dominance and his signature grin is plastered on his beautiful face. 

I watch as he comes closer and closer to me before smashing his lips to mine. He forces himself on me and takes what's his with a toe-curling kiss that fills me with the electricity that I dread so much. 

Slowly, he moves his mouth down my cheek to my neck and finishing at my mark. A moan leaves me and echoes around us as he begins to suck and nip at the sensitive area. I feel his hands remove the dress from my body - it pools at my feet and Colton lifts me out of it. 

My back presses against a cool, hard surface - a wood table that I didn't see before. Colton rips my bra from my body in one quick motion, followed by my panties. 

I am bare to him and he growls in appreciation before fiddling with the button of his jeans. He doesn't bother taking off his shirt or even fully removing his jeans. He just pulls his member out of his pants and begins rubbing it against me - a shiver running through me. 

My eyes find Theo's just for a second, but I quickly turn away as Colton thrusts himself inside of me with a grunt. Closing my eyes, I will myself away. I try to forget the other men in my room - my father, Larson, Theo...even Colton. 

I try to forget the sensation between my legs as I feel the familiar need building within me until I burst all around Colton. And I try to forget as he fills me with his hot seed before pulling away from me and stepping towards my father. 

He's finished with me, yet I don't move from the table. I just lay there, waiting. For what? I don't know. I just know that I don't even flinch when the sound of a neck-snapping hits my ears. 

*****

"You did well." He whispers in my ear as he lowers me into the bathtub filled with bubbly, hot water. "Clean yourself up and we will do dinner tonight. Just you and me."

Nodding my head, I watch him as he leaves the bathroom and I slowly release the breath I didn't know I was holding. Pushing myself out of the bath, I walk over to the bathroom counter and begin searching for something to end my misery. 

Opening each drawer and each cabinet, my hope begins to disappear before my eyes land on something that makes me smile. 

Picking up the small, orange bottle, I read the label before filling a large glass of water. 

I don't even shake as I open the bottle and pick up the first pill. Bringing it to my lips, I swallow it with some water and then pick up another. And another. And another, until the bottle is completely gone. I return to the bath, sinking down into the waters and allow myself to relax for the first time in weeks. 

Slowly, my eyes grow heavy and I can feel my heart slow and my breathing becomes more difficult. Darkness begins to flood my vision and I can't help but smile as I allow it to wash over it, succumbing to its calming aura.

Colton POV

"I hope you are fucking done in there, Skylar. I expected you to be done by now." I yell before opening the bathroom door. There is no answer and fury fills me. My head is pounding and there is a heavy feeling in my chest that started just a few minutes ago. "Answer me when I call you!"

I fling the door open and look around the room. Skylar isn't anywhere, but her scent is heavy in this room. I walk inside and notice the bathtub curtain is closed shut.

Furrowing my brows, I rip the curtain off. "I said answ-" I pause, my eyes widening as I take in the sight in front of me. A shot of pain fills my heart and I drop to my knees. "Skylar?"

I look down at the lifeless body of my mate. She's pale and her head is barely out of the frigid waters. A pile of vomit floats in the water and I feel my blood grow cold. 

I bring a shaky hand to her throat and feel for a pulse, but nothing. 

"No, no, no. Don't do this to me!" I shout as I frantically pull her from the water and bring her into my arms. "Talk to me, love. I'm right here. Come on!" 

"Theo! My room, now!" I mindlink my brother as I gently shake her in an attempt to wake her from her endless slumber. 

"Come on, Skylar. You can't leave me!" I yell, a wetness begins to form on my cheeks. 

"What is it?" Theo yells before entering the bathroom. "Fuck. What did you do?" 

He rips her from my arms and checks her pulse before performing CPR on her hopelessly. 

"What the fuck did you do to her?"

I don't answer. I just stare at him in horror as he keeps pumping on her chest. 

"Answer me goddammit!" Theo screams at me as he brings his ear to her chest. "She's gone."

I bring my hands to my face and hold them there, shutting my eyes tightly as I try to will away the pain that begins to fill me. 

"She's dead." He whispers. "She's fucking dead."

*****

Author's Note:

This is how I originally planned to end the series. To me, this seems to be the most realistic ending. I have one other Alternate ending planned that I will release either today or tomorrow. Let me know your thoughts below. 

Which ending do you think suits the story best?