Chapter 4

I don't have enough time to relax or unwind after work. Gwen calls as soon as I am putting the key in the lock to my door.

"What's up, G?" I answer.

She is quick with her reply as if she is busy with something else.

"Be ready at 8:30, Em. I'll pick you up."

"Ok, cool. 8:30."

I finally get in my door. I place my keys on the nearby table, as Missy comes brushing up on my leg. I bend over and pet her. She always greets me like this in the evening. I think more because she is hungry than her missing me.

"I missed you, too," I say while pouring out some dry food for her.

I head straight to my room. I place my purse on the bed, kicking off my heels while opening the closet door. What will I wear? I am sifting through my clothes, and it suddenly dawns on me that this isn't even an actual date. I will just do casual. Gwen didn't even mention what kind of date we would be having. Was it just a dinner date? Would they watch a movie? I am clueless, and when all other things fail, casual fits perfectly.

I get out some black skinny jeans, a white tank top, and black slip-ons. This will do. There is no need for fancy and fake.

I undress and make my way to the shower. Approximately 10 minutes later, I emerge from the bathroom. I stand in front of the mirror on my bedroom wall, moisturize my body, and dress. I spray minimal perfume on my wrists and neck and add some lipstick. It has my lips just lightly tinted. Just lipstick, I decide, nothing else. I pull my hair into a high ponytail and put my medium-sized hoop earrings in. I am more than pleased with my reflection. I add a simple black wristwatch.

8:26 p.m. Couldn't have done that any better. I pick up my phone, about to check on Gwen when I hear a knock at my door. Damn! Right on time. I head to the door, and Gwen looks me slowly up and then down and whistles. She always knows how to get a reaction from me. I grin and smack her arm.

"You should be my date, and I'll let my co-worker, Christy, and Peter do their thing. Lord knows I would enjoy this date way too much."

Grinning as I hug her, "you look real nice yourself, G."

I am glad I chose just casual. G is casual, too. She has on a pair of dark blue jeans and a red crop top. Gwen is just a level over skinny but has a nice ass and C cups. I personally like a little more meat on the bones, but she is gorgeous, nonetheless.

She barely greets Missy when she insists we should get moving. We will pick up Christy first. Christy has also been briefed that this isn't a date date.

When we pull up, Christy is right on time, too. I even stare a little as Christy makes her way to the car. Christy is one sexy woman. I always like to think that women can be described in two ways. The beautiful ones with pretty faces and the sexy ones with oozing sex appeal. Christy is the sexy one. Christy is by no means bad looking, but her sex appeal far outweighs her beauty. Christy has the type of body I find, oh, so, sexy. She is wearing a blue romper. Damn! It looks like rompers were made, especially because of her.

I know she sees me checking her out.
By the time she reaches the car, Gwen elbows me, "this is not an ACTUAL date."

I laugh at her behavior, acting like I'm her woman or something. Christy hears all this as she gets in the back seat.

"I'll try to remember that, Gwen," she responds as she fumbles in her seat.

I am all smiles as I reach my hand between the two front seats for a handshake from Christy.

"Nice to meet you, Christy."

Christy is just smiling returning my handshake.

"Likewise."

Cristinaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें