Chapter 12

The remainder of the week goes well. I feel like I am happy for no reason. I guess I am just happy that things between Cristina and me are better. There is still so much I don't know, but I am happy for the moments we do have. I still want answers, but I know that I have to be patient.

I ended up seeing Cristina, again, after work on Friday. Cristina, too, seems so happy. We had a dinner date this time. Afterward, we visited this cliff that I've gone to a few times. It was quite a drive. The view was beautiful. It was night by the time we reached.

We sat on a blanket that I brought with us and looked at the night sky. Without the lights from the streets and buildings, the view is something you just can't tire of. The night was starry. I was so tempted to pry even more about her current situation and the girl she had dated, but I wanted her to enjoy the evening. I love where we are. I kissed Cristina countless times under the open night sky. Each time, she would have to be the one to stop us. I get carried away so easily with her.

I asked her to go shopping with me on Saturday. She agreed. It is almost like we are dating. I know that I shouldn't get too caught up, but at this point, it feels like I am not even the one controlling my physical body. I can't help it. In the moments that I try to steer clear of any intimate encounters between us, Cristina will make a subtle move, and all control would be lost.

She even initiated a goodnight kiss when I took her back home. She is out so late with me. Where is her husband? Isn't he concerned about the whereabouts of his wife? Is he at home? With all those questions churning in my mind, I continued home.