Epilogue

Three years later

"Rita, hurry up, baby. We will be late for lunch at grandma's," I shout for my three-year-old daughter.

She runs out of her room, "I was getting my coloring book, and crayons for grandpa and me."

"Tina, let's go, baby. We're ready," I shout for Cristina.

She comes out of the room, puts her hair in a high bun, and kisses my lips.

"Ready."

We get in my car, and we are off to my parent's house.

Many things have happened in the last three years. Cristina and I adopted Rita when she was two years old. She is so precious to us. We both wanted kids. We are still discussing if we want more children.

Rita is in love with her grandpa. Each Sunday, she cries when she is leaving their house. I try to make sure she is always sleeping when we are ready to leave.

Cristina and I have bought a new house together. We are back in the city. I had a job transfer, and Cristina just kept her job. We are doing great in that aspect. Whenever I would go pick her up for lunch, I see Nathan. He won't let me rest. Saying that he was the reason why I fell in love.  He claims that if he didn't insist on me working out with him, it never would have happened. Maybe he's right.

Cristina has made some progress with her mother, too. Her mom started meeting with her for lunch one day out of every week. Her mom loves Rita. She's always buying her stuff. I am sure that soon, very soon, they will be in each other's presence and hardly remember the past. I want that for Cristina. She has rekindled her relationship with her three siblings, too. Her dad is still upset. I am convinced that one day, he, too, will be able to accept Cristina.

The best news of all is that Cristina and I will be getting married in the next two months. It will be very small and intimate. Just family. We agreed on the location we had our first retreat together. I couldn't be happier. It couldn't be more perfect.

My mom is off my back, and I can stand by my sentiments... I waited for my love... I allowed love to happen.