Chapter 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Present Time~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV:

I woke up with a fright from the nightmare I've just had. It's been 11 years since the horrible night my family was killed. I still have nightmares about it to this day. Well I think it's safe to say that life hasn't been easy for me in the slightest. I've been homeless ever since. I mean, shit, I can feel my body eating itself to survive at his point. I haven't had food in 3 weeks and I haven't had a single drop of water in 3 days, and to top it all off it's the middle of summer.

'God, if your there please let me die and not let me spend another day in this awful heat' I think to myself while looking up at the sky. I get up from the wall I was laying on and begin to stumble down the alleyway I've been in, a massive headache consuming me, the feeling of hunger and thirst taking over my mind.

As I near the end of the alleyway I happen to notice a mirror and I see what I look like for the first time in 11 years. Needless to say I absolutely despise what I see, long messy and greasy (h/c) hair, followed by (e/c) eyes that looked like the owner had went through a lot of hardship and sorrow in life, dry chapped lips and a sunken in face, as well as hole rattled dirty clothes that exposed my skeleton like structure and the grimy skin beneath.

'Like I said god, why haven't you killed me?' I say to myself as I look at myself in the mirror. After a while of taking in what I look like I continue the walk out of the alleyway.

When I reached the sidewalk I was hit by a cool breeze and a moment of shade from the clouds above. I relished the moment for a bit and then proceeded to walk on the sidewalk hoping to find water or at least food nearly bumping into several people as I was walking past a bunch of stores and shops. After a while of walking I happened to notice that I happened to wander into a park with a rather large pond in it. I immediately felt a wave of happiness wash over me and I stumbled towards the pond and collapsed on the grass right next to it, I crawled to the water as fast as possible and the. cupped my hands and took large handfuls of water and brought it to my mouth making loud slurping noises as I drank the cool water as it got rid of my dry sore throat.

After finally getting the hydration I so desperately needed I decided that I also needed,to take care of my heat problem and I rolled myself into the water enjoying the overwhelming cool, and I smiled and made odd sounding laughing noises. "Geez the nerv of that guy, sooo repulsive" I heard a a woman say. "What a disgusting display" I heard another one say, after a while of hearing people insult me I decided to look over at the voice and saw someone who stood out in the crowd.

The person I am talking about was a red haired man staring down at me with a disgusted face, while he was holding a half eaten sandwich.

The man was weird looking, he was tall and had short spiky hair with beard made out of fire, he also had these cold icy blue eyes, after he got a good look at me he smirked "judging by the way you look, I'd say that you are in dire need of food" he paused for a second to look at his sandwich "too bad, the week don't deserve such a luxury" he laughed to himself and walked over to the nearest trash can and chucked the food in the bin and walked away.

When I was  sure he was gone I got up and quickly went to the bin and put my arm in and took the half eaten sandwich and scarfed it down like there was no tomorrow while making obnoxiously loud eating noises, so loud that the people sitting on the bench got up and walked away.

"Oi!" I heard someone shout then pick me up roughly "just what the hell do you think your doing!!??!!"