Chapter 14

Your POV:

There he stood, as bright as day, in the flesh. Or was he?
"I-it can't be" I stuttered completely shocked "You can't be alive...last time I saw you, you were-"
"Dead" he finished my sentence for me, and then slowly started to walk towards me. Something was a bit...off. He was different.

I blinked. And by the time he reached me, with his hand almost about to touch my face, he slowly began to fade, and then disappear completely. I was crushed. It was like loosing him all over again. I took a deep breath trying to forget about it, and then putting the clothes on that were laid out for me.

I left the room that I was in and walked across the hall, and to the door where they said to go into, it felt like it had gotten about sixty degrees cooler in the hall, which made me and my semi wet hair feel like I was freezing to death.

However, when I walked in it was a drastic change. It felt like it might have been ninety. The room was rather small and dull. There was a single lamp hanging from the ceiling above, and below it a metal chair that was bolted to the ground. Right in front of it was what appeared to a mirror.

"If you would be so willing as to take a seat, please do" said a voice that came from what sounded like every direction, when suddenly the door behind me slammed shut, and an audible click of the lock could be heard.

I was freaking out. I had no idea what the hell was happening.

"It might have seemed that what I said earlier was a suggestion" a staticky crackling kept on breaking through his words "but it wasn't. Now SIT".

I did as the voice commanded, I walked over and plopped down rather fast. I was too afraid of what may have happened if I didn't. After I sat down there was a brief bit long period in time where nothing was said, and I had resorted to fiddling with my thumbs.

"What's your name son?"

I sat there pondering his question. Should I really even answer, I mean, I'm technically being held against my will right now in a very uncomfortable room. "Why should I tell you" I gave the male sounding voice a snarky reply.

"Because if you don't......" he said in a very dark and threatening tone

"...I'll come in there myself and do things, to you that will keep you up at night if you don't answer all of my questions"

This statement, in itself, almost made me shit my pants with fear. I don't think I've actually been threatened with death before, or worse, at least not since.........with my family. However, being the bastard that I am I gave him what he wanted , just not exactly the way he would've liked. "The names (y/n)" I gave the response in English, rather than Japanese, still vaguely remembering a little of it from when dad taught me.

"Considering that that's probably the best response we'll get from you......we'll take take it. How old are you?"
"15" I respond.

"Are you a boy or a girl?" ok at this point I'm pretty sure they were screwing with me, and I'm also sure I heard a laugh before the speaker cut out. "You know, cause you have longish hair, and for all we know you could've smoked a lot before you ended up on our doorstep" my face was heating up out of anger and I'm pretty sure it was a deep red simply out of embarrassment and anger combined.

"I'm a boy" I grunted out. It was at this point where I heard some muffled arguing and yelling through the mirror in the room, and the lights in the room kept flickering on and off.

"Stop It! you're acting like a child." A feminine voice said "Am no-" the speaker cut out abruptly and I started to laugh a bit listening to what was transpiring from what I presume was the room next to, or in front of me at the moment.

The speaker turned on again. This time a new and familiar voice came on "Hey young (y/n), it's All Might. I apologize for my two colleagues behavior, these questions were just to find out more information on the one who's been causing me and some of our students some trouble these past few days. And who to hold responsible, and ultimately, get compensation from".

I was confused by the last part, I had no idea what the last part meant "what do you mean by....compensation?" I asked

"Who's going to pay us back for all the food and drinks that were consumed in the cafeteria, the damage to our classroom, our air vent system on that same floor, and not forgetting the cafeteria itself which you basically destroyed and we had to pay for everything to be fixed, all for the lump sum of ....."

"...five-hundred million yen." I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat at his words, since there was no way in hell I was ever gonna see that kind of money in my lifetime.

"So who should we send the bill too? You're parents? Where are they anyway, and what's the address?" I stopped moving in my seat the minute he mentioned my parents, and got a little tear eyed "well, that's gonna be a problem"

"I assure you it will be once they find out how much trouble you're in and-" I cut him off "it's a problem because they are...they are no longer-" my voice got really silent with the last part, and I couldn't bring myself to say the rest.

"I see...." it got uncomfortably quiet for a few minutes until he spoke up again. "Listen, do you have any place to stay, because judging by your appearance-How have you been living for the past few....?"

"Years". I finished his sentence for him "I've been living on the streets and, I'm ashamed to say, by stealing food and the occasional set of clothes" once again the room went silent and the heat of the room started to make me sweat a bit and make my head hurt.

"Listen, the other teachers, the principal and me all think that you should stay in one of the dorms we recently just built for all of our students to move into, and we also think that the way for you to repay your debt is to go to our school, and train to become a hero, of course all food and clothes will be provided to you as well as a small allowance. This is of course all up to you"

I sat there and pondered to myself. Should I really accept this offer, because I'm pretty sure they have some ulterior motive behind it, and they aren't making this out of niceness. Also why do I even have a debt, I can just blackmail them into doing this 'nice' thing for me anyways, I mean they did try to cover up my 'murder/death'. However, I decided to swallow my pride and take the offer as I'm pretty sure nothing like this would ever arise for me again.

"Deal, where's my room, and when do I start?".