6. Zak x Reader

"What if I kissed your right now?"

You glanced up from your phone, completely caught off guard by his question. It wasn't exactly something that was prompted, really. 

The gang, with you in tow, had been headed to the next ghostly location as per usual. The only catch was, the place seemed to be a great distance from any airport. A long ride really wasn't something you guys were unfamiliar with, but man, could it get tiring.

It was maybe an hour or two into the drive when you guys agreed to make a quick stop to stretch your legs. You and Zak just so happened to take the back seat after returning to the van while Nick and Aaron were still browsing the quaint gas station for snacks.

It was just a few minutes in after arriving back to the van and pulling out your phone that the question was popped.

"Sorry?" You asked, making sure you heard him correctly. In return, all you were given was a half smirk.

"I asked, what if I kissed you right now?"

Oh. So he did ask you that. You felt a subtle warmth spread across your face. "Well, that was rather blunt, don't you think?" You tried playing it off.

Zak's amusement only rose, "You didn't answer my question." He stated simply.

You were quiet for a moment, clutching your phone in your hands.

"Well?" He prompted.

"I'd-" You paused, "I'd return the kiss, of course." You quickly glanced down to your phone which had already locked, trying to hide your face. You pressed your phone's home button and the screen lit up. The lock screen picture was a selfie of you a Zak- a time where the weather was cold and you both were wearing ridiculously over fluffed coats. Quickly glancing back up, you hadn't notice Zak nearing you.

"So, you wouldn't really mind if I just-" His words trailed off as he brought his hand up to cup your face and, without hesitation, placed his lips upon yours. You hardly had time to register the kiss, chest tightening as you felt how tender his lips were on yours. It was so sweet yet so simple. Your mind finally caught up with your body and you did as you said you would- return the kiss. Phone completely forgotten, you wrapped your arms around his neck as you kissed back with gusto.

And the kiss would have probably led to Zak pinning you to the seat, making out with you then and there if Aaron hadn't open the door with a loud, "Guys, I may have spent a good bit of my money on too many bags of chips and a jumbo slush with-"

"You owe me $50, Aaron." Nick said as he stared at the two of you from the driver's seat door, a wide smug grin spread across his face. Even though the two of you pulled away as quick as you could, you were still caught. Aaron, who didn't have a good view, had confusion written all over his face as he slurped his slushy with who knows what in it.