Chapter 4

Todoroki pulled up a chair in front of Midoriya.  "Let's start with Kacchan. Who is that?"

"Ka-Kacchan.. Kacchan is.. was my childhood friend. Then... my.. boyfriend. We had such a good relationship until things started to change. Kacchan was already aggressive, but once we started dating he was much nicer.. then he started yelling at me more. Distancing himself from me. He'd tell me things to do around the house like clean and stuff. And if it wasn't done to his standards.." Midoriya wiped his eyes before he started to cry, "He'd beat me... and... the first night that I had come to your bar, once I got home I went to sl-sleep on the couch and then Kacchan came back with this girl and this morning I saw her and Kacchan in our bed together! And I..." Midoriya rubbed the back of his head nervously, "I kind of lost it... but Kacchan told me the truth. And that's why I was going to kill myself, until you decided to follow me." He glared at Todoroki slightly.

"I'm sorry that I didn't let you... jump off that building. But I could tell something was wrong with you, Midoriya-san."

"Just call me Midoriya."

"Midoriya. You did seem out of it earlier. I just... it didn't sit with me right." Todoroki sighed.

Midoriya looked down. "I guess... that I should be thanking you, Todoroki-kun." He smiled warmly.

Todoroki looked away out of the window. "Would you like a job, Midoriya?"

"Huh? Here? Would you really let me work here?"

"You don't have any other place to go, correct? You can also stay upstairs."

Midoriya smiled more than he's smiled in several months. "Thank you very much, Todoroki-kun!"

"Don't worry, it's nothing I can't do. I know how... those other places can be.. a bit harsh." He had a glint of sadness in his eyes.

Midoriya nodded. "So, what will you have me do around here?"

Todoroki showed Midoriya some things around the bar. Things like where everything was, and how to make drinks when he wasn't around to help out. Midoriya caught in quick to his duties and usually would sweep and clean since that was what Todoroki needed help with most. Todoroki also planned to order some clothing and personal items for Midoriya since he didn't want to go back to Kacchan's place. He didn't want to see that girl again.

Midoriya thanked Todoroki over and over again for letting him stay and work at his bar. And for buying him things that he may need. He promised that he'd find another job somewhere and repay him for everything he's done. Todoroki simply said there's no need, but Midoriya insists.

Everything seems perfect.