Chapter 7

(Todoroki's P.O.V)

Cooking with Midoriya was surely enjoyable. I hadn't cooked with anyone since mother... I sigh as I sit at the bar. Midoriya went to sleep already and I wasn't sleepy so here I am. On the counter I see a photo of my mother, she was smiling. This was surely before the incident. I ghost my fingers over the burn scar on my left side.

 I had overheard her talking on the phone. "I can't do it... his left side.. is just like him."

She turns around as I creep near the corner of the kitchen... and pours a boiling  kettle of tea over my left side.

After my dad found me like that on the floor, he sent her to a mental hospital... and she... killed herself. That's why when I saw Midoriya on that building that day, I couldn't just stand there. I had to stop him... If he was willing to kill himself there, who's to say that he wouldn't do it in a mental hospital? And for him to say that's where he should be...

I know I shouldn't be so protective over someone I just met, but I feel like I should watch over him. It's... odd.

Sighing I stand up and put away the rest of the dishes before going upstairs. Before heading to my room I check on Midoriya. He was curled up on the couch with the light of tv was shining on his face. "I thought you went to sleep?" I said.

"I didn't feel like it." He said.

I picked up the remote and clicked off the tv.

Midoriya sat up and looked at me with sleepy eyes. "Why'd you turn it off?.." He yawned. I sighed deeply. "It's getting late...and you need to go to bed" 

"But the bar's closed tomorrow" He pouted "And..I was in the middle of watching my favorite show"

"Fine...but only until your show's over, okay?" As I began to leave the room, he called out to me. "Wait, Todoroki! Would you..uh..like to watch it w-with me? Please?"

I turned around and looked at the green-haired boy, his big green eyes practically begging me to stay. How could I possibly say no? I turned the TV back on and sat beside him. We sat there, silently watching the screen for a bit until he scooted closer to me and laid is head on my lap.

I could feel a blush spread across my face as I sat there, speechless. The silence was finally broken when he said. "You're quite a nice pillow, Todoroki" I could feel my face heat up even more. What was this feeling? I was so tempted to touch his silky green curls, but then I heard him snore. I looked down at his freckled face, and sure enough, he was fast asleep. I lifted him up, careful not to disturb his slumber and carried him upstairs to bed. I laid him on the bed and planted a small kiss on his forehead.

"Goodnight..." I whispered before leaving the room.