Chapter 9

Midoriya smiled as he circled a cloth on the inside of a glass. Wednesdays weren't particularly a busy day at the bar, but there were a few passerbyers here and there. It just so happened that one of the passerbyers were someone no one wanted to really see. Midoriya backed away from the window to avoid being seen by the blonde walking by. He began to sigh in relief as the boy walked further away from the establishment. Sadly, the blonde opened the door, realizing that he passed the place he was looking for.

He opened the door not too loudly so that he wouldn't seem obviously mad, but when he and Midoriya made eye contact that seemed to change. He approached the counter with the boy and looked at him with an intimidating stare. "You should come outside..." he whispered.

Midoriya looked down. "I-I shouldn't leave. I'm doing something."

Bakugou grabbed Midoriya's arm as the boy turned around making him gasp. "K-Kachann...let me go..." The blonde rolled his eyes and then glared into Midoriya's.

Before the situation could escalate, Todoroki had come from the kitchen. "Midoriya, who is this? He doesn't seem very friendly...Do you want me to kick him out?"

Bakugou glared at Todoroki now, and grinned slightly. "So, you're the one who's been taking care of this piece of shit, eh? Ochako told me about you." He now had scornful look.

"First of all, I don't like your tone. Second of all, he is not a piece of shit, but I don't know about you."

The blonde glared at Todoroki and then Midoriya. "I'll be taking him back with me. So come on, we're leaving."

Midoriya grit his teeth. "I'm not going anywhere with you..." Todoroki approached the blonde. "The only one leaving, is you."

People were staring at Bakugou now, and the bar had gotten quieter than it was before. Bakugou scoffed, "Don't think I'll forget this..." he then made his way out of the building.

"So that was the infamous Kachann?"

Midoriya blushed, "Y-yes... that was Kacchan."

"Well, if he ever shows his face here and I'm around...it isn't going to end well..for him."

Midoriya looked up into Todoroki's bi-colored eyes again and smiled softly. "Th-thank you..." he mumbled.

"You're welcome.." The boy walked behind the counter and began to take orders. "Midoriya, do you want to learn to make drinks?"

"Huh? Do you have to go somewhere?" He asked as he poured some whiskey into a glass.

"No, not at all. I just thought that maybe you might be tired of only cleaning."

Midoriya nodded. The boy had to be honest with himself, he was tired of only cleaning. So he told Todoroki that he would like to learn drinks, and so they would meet in the kitchen at 9:30pm, after the bar closes for the night.

~Later~

Todoroki waved goodbye to the last drunk customer before locking up for the night. He turned the Open sign to Closed and headed to the kitchen to teach the green-haired boy how to be a bartender. Getting out some orange bitters, measuring cups, dry gin, and vermouth he laid them on the granite counter. Midoriya eyed the products before questioning Todoroki, who gave him an understanding look. Todoroki explained that these were the ingredients for a martini. Todoroki explained to Midoriya what was needed, and filled the measuring cup with two ounces of dry gin. He then poured it into a small glass with a teaspoon in it for him to stir later. He poured one ounce of vermouth in the cup and then into the glass. He took the bitters and added just a dash to the product. Now comes where he tells Midoriya to stir. The boy takes the glass in a firm grip and stirs deliberately. Todoroki paced over to his fridge and grabbed lemon peels to twist over the drink as a garnish, and because he felt like impressing his apprentice he tossed in an olive.