Chapter 8

Oof sorry I haven't updated in a while, it's just because of school oof))

(Midoriya's p.o.v)

Chapter 10

Did Todoroki-Kun just KISS me?! Christ he must've thought I was sleep. My face begins to heat up and my heart starts racing. He's so motherly, and kind, and sweet. I remember when Kacchan treated me like that. When we shared our bed together and watched late-night sitcoms on tv. I bet that's what he does with his new girlfriend now.

I ghost over the marks around my neck. I don't think that the marks are there anymore.

Cuddling up into the blankets I drift off to sleep.

~The Next Morning~

I woke up stretching my arms up. Slipping on a pair of slippers I go into the bathroom to wash up. After getting ready I walk downstairs to see Todoroki behind the bar, thinking up a storm.

"Hey, Midoriya, do you think that it's possible to mix alcohol?" He asked.

I rose an eyebrow. "That's not something I recommend, though I'm sure it's possible."

He nods in understanding as he takes the glass and makes some ice-cubes from his left side. That must be his quirk... I look away. Kacchan words come back to me in what seemed like years.

Quirkless piece of--

No. I won't think like that. I'll... try not to.

"Are you okay?" Todoroki asked.

I nod looking up. "I uhm... want to know about your quirk, Todoroki-kun." The excitement of learning about other's quirks flowed through my veins once more.

"Well, it's called Half-cold, Half-hot." He looked down at his hands. "As you saw, my left is cold. I got it... from my mother." He held a sad look in his eyes. "Then my right side... I don't use it. It's from my father." Todoroki sighed.

"I don't mean to pry, but what were your parents like?"

"My mother, she used to be happy. She loved my siblings and I with all of her heart. Until... my quirk started developing, and my father took me to train. It was harsh training and my mother didn't agree, but that didn't stop my father. He physically abused her, yes, but no one would believe that he did it. He was too rich and could buy his way out of any situation."

I rose an eyebrow. I was confused. "Who exactly is your dad, Todoroki-Kun?"

"Flame Hero Endeavor... that is my father."

I stop for a moment and think about it.

How did I not realize thatTodoroki was his surname and he just so happened to have flames as a quirk?! If I hadn't felt stupid then I do now.

"You didn't realize, did you?" He asked, the disappointment evident in his voice.

I blush and cover my face with my hands. "I-I wasn't thinking on it!"

"Mhmn... well that's who my father is. If only his parenting was as good as his heroism." He began pouring a drink.

"Wait! But why don't you use your right side? Just because it reminds you of him?" He attempted to answer, but I cut him off. "It's your quirk, not his!" I yell banging my hands on the table.

Todoroki had a look of shock on his face, and then I realized that I might have taken it a bit far. I sit down. "Sorry..." I say.

Todoroki grabbed my hands from across the table. "No... it's fine... I never thought of it that way." He said.

I couldn't help it so a small smile grew onto my face. "What happened to your mother, Todoroki-Kun?"

The grip he had on my hands faltered as he looked over. "You see, this scar. One night she couldn't take it... she couldn't take my right side. I just so happened to hear a specific phone call between my mother and her mother. There was a kettle of boiling water and when she saw me she poured it over my right side. That was when my father sent her to a mental hospital where she... killed herself..." he trailed off.

My face turned into a frown as I looked down. "I..."

"No. Don't apologize. I've learned to cope. But honestly, that's why when I saw you that day on that roof, I didn't want you to kill yourself over some so trivial as not having a quirk. It's not whether you have a quirk or not, it's how you are on the inside." He pointed at my chest. "And I can tell that you'll ever be more of a hero than anyone I'll ever know."

I sniffled trying not to cry. Trying very hard. Todoroki then flashed me a small smile, "You even saved me."

The tears then came full-force. I couldn't help it at this point. Unconsciously I hug Todoroki who returns the hug, rubbing small circles into my back. I pull away and give him a smile. "Thank you, Todoroki-Kun..." I say quietly.

He nods then stands from the seat. "Let's sweep before opening up."

Nodding I go over to the closet and get the materials for cleaning.