Sixteen

The hotel was much nicer than we'd expected. Obviously it wasn't a fancy 5-star hotel that the top celebrities chose to stay at, but it was nice and cosy; the rooms were small, but a familiar scent of vanilla filled the air, the blankets and duvets were soft and silky, the pillows felt like clouds supporting our heads. As soon as we arrived at the room, Charlotte and I dived onto the bed, sinking into the mattress.

"This is so COMFORTABLE." Charlotte shouted, making Tiffany and I burst into laughter.

We all lay on the King sized bed, looking up at the ceiling with a sigh. The boys would be back a few hours later after rehearsals, so until then, we'd have to figure out something to do to keep us busy. Tiffany suggested shopping and Charlotte mentioned something about a movie, but nothing seemed that interesting. In the end, we decided to rest and take a nap until they returned.

Just as I was beginning to doze off, my phone rang. The girls groaned and grumbled as I removed the charger to look at the screen. It was a FaceTime call from Nick. I sat up and pressed "accept".

Everyone was crowded around the screen, Austin jumping up and down in the background, trying to get a better view. Tiffany and Charlotte leaned towards me.

"Is the hotel okay?" Zion asked.

We all nodded. "IT'S SO COMFORTABLE" Charlotte screamed at the screen.

Brandon leaned in closer as Charlotte began to talk about how soft the sheets were, and how much she loved the smell of the bathroom soaps, and how fluffy the towels were. Brandon laughed and smiled, watching and listening to the happiness in her voice.

"We're nearly done," Nick said once they'd finished. "I think we'll be back in, like, an hour."

I nodded as we looked at each other through the screen. We stayed silent for a moment before he spoke again.

"We might stop by at the store on the way back, do you want I anything?"

I shrugged with a smile. The girls asked for some snacks so that we wouldn't be hungry while staying up at night. They nodded and agreed. We hung up a few minutes later so that they could finish up while we started to get ready for dinner.

"Okay," Tiffany stated, standing up from the bed. "Are we dressing super casual and stuff, or can we go a little fancy?"

I laughed. "Tiff, we're going to Chick-Fil-A for dinner."

She sighed and sunk back onto the bed. Charlotte reached over to stroke her hair, telling her that there'd be another time where she could put on a sparkly dress for dinner. Tiffany laughed and nodded. Eventually, she threw on some sweatpants with a white bodysuit, then paired that with a pair of Nike sneakers.

I decided to wear black ripped denim shorts with a grey sweatshirt, along with my white Filas. After throwing my hair up into a ponytail, I walked out of the bathroom. Tiffany looked up at me and tilted her head.

"Doesn't Nick have that sweatshirt?"

I paused for a moment before realizing. "We got this as a couple thing a few years ago."

She whispered an "Oh", nodding slowly. I laughed and grabbed my phone from the bed. As I scrolled through Instagram, Charlotte spoke up.

"The boys are outside. B just texted. Let's goooooo"