Fifty Eight

He pulled me up to sit straight, grabbing a long-sleeve shirt from his drawer and pulled it over my head. I sat there, no energy or self control to move, looking into his eyes as he focused on the shirt.

"Sleep." He said when he was done. "We'll talk in the morning."

He began to walk away.

"No," I said quietly, slightly whining. "Where are you going."

"The guys are watching a movie downstairs." He waited for my response.

I tried to stand up. "I wanna watch too."

He ran over and caught me as I fell again, putting me back on the bed and pulling the duvet over my body.

"Stay with me." I said quietly.

"Aubri, I don't think that's a good id-"

"Please." I looked at him, my hair covering half of my face.

He smiled gently. "Okay."

He climbed into bed next to me, holding out his arm so I could lay with him. I snuggled into his chest.

"Why're you so nice." I whispered.

He laughed. "What?"

"You're too nice to me." I frowned.

"You're sad about it?" He tried not to smile.

"It's not fair." I barely formed the words. "I'm not nice to you."

"Maybe you should be a little nicer then."

I slapped his arm. He laughed, his face only a few inches away from mine.

"I'm trying to have a," I took a deep breath. "A serious talk."

"You're drunk."

"I'm not drunk!"

"Okay, okay. You're not drunk." He shrugged.

"Maybe a little."

"Yeah." He smiled. "Only a little."

"But we can still talk."

"Okay," he said, looking into my eyes. "But you won't remember this tomorrow."

"I'll try my best." I smiled like a kid.

He laughed. "Alright then."

"I'm pregnant." I said.

His smile faded.

"I'm kidding." It was my turn to laugh. "I'm messing with you."

"That's not funny." He sighed in relief.

"What if I was." I mumbled.

"Then we would deal with it." He stated plainly, as if it was obvious.

"Would you leave me." I played around with the collar of his shirt. "I think you would. You'd leave me with our baby."

"I wouldn't leave." He said. "I'd take care of you. And the baby."

My head spun in circles, making me more and more dizzy as time went on. Nick noticed, watching as I rubbed my eyes and held my head with my hands. He did the same, holding the back of my head. And when he did, everything stopped spinning. It was still. Normal again. I looked up at him; his warm and deep eyes, the faint freckles on his cheeks and nose, his fluttering eyelashes, his soft lips. I reached up to kiss him. Our lips pushed against each other softly for a few seconds, then parted again. I didn't have the energy to do anything more, and he knew. I closed my eyes, finding comfort in his arm wrapped around my waist and his hand supporting my head. All my problems faded away, and I could finally fall asleep.